Arcadia Pro T5 concerns

I stumbled across this comment in researching Arcadia's supplements (not so much facts about them, which I am aware of, but keepers' opinions of them):

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/arcadia-supplements-hopping-on-the-hype-train.173642/page-2
Ya the whole thing is shady IMO, I dont like shady. Arcadia is too shady with too many products for my tastes.

First the JD Spot, then Deep Heat, now their ProT5s, I am just not impressed with Arcadia anymore. Half truths, and good marketing are too prevalent in my experiences with them.

I got the jist of the Deep Heat issues from the graphs provided in that thread, but have been unable to uncover discussions of concerns about the Pro T5 lamps. Could anyone point me in the right direction, if such discussions of Pro T5 problems/overmarketing/deception already exist, or give me some hints of what to search for? I don't want to open a can of worms about this, though I'm happy to listen to anything anyone has to say.

I agree with the sentiment in the quoted post, but am just looking for more details. Thanks. :)

Hey there... I do use Arcadia UVB bulbs. I do not use their fixtures or heat bulbs. I do use a their jungle dawn LED bar. I have been very pleased with life of their UVB bulbs and I love the LED bar for my plant growth.
I do not know of any major issues with Arcadia fixtures though. I have been here for 4 years and your post is the first I have seen talking about fixture issues.

I appreciate the feedback. I use their T5 lamps, too, and think they're good. I'm not sure what the point of the post I quoted was intended to be, but perhaps it was just an offhand miswording.

I stumbled across this comment in researching Arcadia's supplements (not so much facts about them, which I am aware of, but keepers' opinions of them):

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/arcadia-supplements-hopping-on-the-hype-train.173642/page-2

I got the jist of the Deep Heat issues from the graphs provided in that thread, but have been unable to uncover discussions of concerns about the Pro T5 lamps. Could anyone point me in the right direction, if such discussions of Pro T5 problems/overmarketing/deception already exist, or give me some hints of what to search for? I don't want to open a can of worms about this, though I'm happy to listen to anything anyone has to say.

I agree with the sentiment in the quoted post, but am just looking for more details. Thanks. :)
Makes you wonder what herpers did before Arcadia. I have been out of tha game for about 6 years and getting back into it. The amount of Arcadia marketing by fellow herpers makes it seem cultish like. Some ppl truly get upset if you are not using Arcadia and judge based on that.

ZooMed lamps have long been well-regarded and were the go-to lamps since I started keeping herps in the early 1990s. Their T-12 5% UVB 'iguana light' was a game changer back then (yes, UVB levels keepers are providing have gone up drastically since those days). I personally think ZooMeds are still a fine option.

Back
Top Bottom