Arcadia Jungle Dawn for plant growth

I have two of the MEGA SPOT GROW LIGHT 40 watt Jungle Dawn lights. Both of them are in the Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome fixtures, running 12 hours a day, every day. Not a problem with them. You CAN use them in dome fixtures. The description says so and you can even ask Todd about it. He actually RECOMMENDED the Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome fixtures to me. So thats' what I did. They are perfectly fine in a dome fixture as long as it isn't a double dome fixture. Ask Todd if you don't believe me. @Venutus1

Im just busting your balls. But code violations bother me.
I honestly had no idea what you were talking about. I have no problems with a good ball busting, I can dish it out too. I take pride in my work, so I understand where you're coming from.

I honestly had no idea what you were talking about. I have no problems with a good ball busting, I can dish it out too. I take pride in my work, so I understand where you're coming from.
I meant your fixture doesn't have strain relief for the termination, the cord isn't listed for supporting the fixture and the hook isn't listed for hanging the wire on, and your metal fixture does not have an equipment grounding conductor.

I meant your fixture doesn't have strain relief for the termination, the cord isn't listed for supporting the fixture and the hook isn't listed for hanging the wire on, and your metal fixture does not have an equipment grounding conductor.
Um yeah I have that

I agree that the Jungle Dawns can be used in a traditional dome fixture. They may not be ideal for adding light to an entire cage, as it is a very focused beam of light and will likely only cover one or 2 plants well, so more than 1 may be needed.

I agree that the Jungle Dawns can be used in a traditional dome fixture. They may not be ideal for adding light to an entire cage, as it is a very focused beam of light and will likely only cover one or 2 plants well, so more than 1 may be needed.
that's what i thought. i mean it says that it can be used in a dome. they just are saying not to box it in. anyway if i was to use a dome fixture and set it on the cage it would probably produce too much heat you think? between that and his 75w heat lamp i would worry about it making the higher levels of the cage too hot?

This is the fixture you want for the jungle dawn bulb.

CF-74286-FS56457P_004-Reptile-lighting.jpg

the ceiling is about 2ft away from the top of the cage. do you think 2ft would be too far away if i put it on the ceiling? although im kind of clueless how i would go about getting it mounted to the ceiling lol
Definitely not! I have mine on top of a 4 foot tall cage and my plants are at the very bottom

Definitely not! I have mine on top of a 4 foot tall cage and my plants are at the very bottom

thats what i have is a 4ft tall one. just one plant though, allbeit a very big plant. it's dropped most of it's leaves and is sprouting tons of new ones at the very top right under his heat light. so i know light is the problem. how do you have your light set up? so far everyone seems to do it slightly different from one person to the next

thats what i have is a 4ft tall one. just one plant though, allbeit a very big plant. it's dropped most of it's leaves and is sprouting tons of new ones at the very top right under his heat light. so i know light is the problem. how do you have your light set up? so far everyone seems to do it slightly different from one person to the next
I just have it sitting on top of my cage shining in-between both of my plants!

I have two of the MEGA SPOT GROW LIGHT 40 watt Jungle Dawn lights. Both of them are in the Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome fixtures, running 12 hours a day, every day. Not a problem with them. You CAN use them in dome fixtures. The description says so and you can even ask Todd about it. He actually RECOMMENDED the Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome fixtures to me. So thats' what I did. They are perfectly fine in a dome fixture as long as it isn't a double dome fixture. Ask Todd if you don't believe me. @Venutus1

thank you i didnt see this somehow. so if i put it in a dome then i wont need the special $20 jungle dawn special plug thing right?

Hi, really enjoyed reading this thread and thought I would add to it just in case any other Cham users are in the same position.

I am currently using a 22w Jungle Dawn on top of an exoterra 90x60x45 for the plant light. Following guidance from John Courteney Smith on Bill Strands podcasts I simply rested it on top, however this has now led to a burn on our panther chameleons back. Whilst this has been treated and he will recover I was looking for some guidance about the best way to raise the 22w bulb off the top of the viv.

As the shape of the bulb is a strip rather than a typical bulb shape I haven’t found a practical holder to solve my problem!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom