Arcadia Jungle Dawn for plant growth

JlaPinska

I was looking into getting a good bulb because the plants inside my chams cage have mostly died due to not enough light. But there is a 3 1/2 ft tall pothos in his cage, he's in the zoomed large screened cage. What i am wondering is what wattage of jungle dawn should i get? Would the 40w be too much? I like that you can screw it into a regular dome fixture and set it on top of the cage between his heat and UVB strip.

I
I was looking into getting a good bulb because the plants inside my chams cage have mostly died due to not enough light. But there is a 3 1/2 ft tall pothos in his cage, he's in the zoomed large screened cage. What i am wondering is what wattage of jungle dawn should i get? Would the 40w be too much? I like that you can screw it into a regular dome fixture and set it on top of the cage between his heat and UVB strip.
I have a jungle dawn led and it works real nice for my plants

The jungle dawn has a built-in fan. It needs air flow and can't go in a dome fixture.

this is from the product description for the 40watt spotlight, straight from lightyourreptiles.com

"These have a standard screw in e27 ligh bulb base. They work in any standard dome fixture, socket, drop light or clamp on light."

And then the next paragraph says:
They should not be used in a totally closed fixture because they may overheat. Like ALL LED units, these need to be able to ventilate to stay cool...
air must be able to circulate around them.
I err on the side of caution and use mine on a gooseneck lamp without a shade

And then the next paragraph says:
They should not be used in a totally closed fixture because they may overheat. Like ALL LED units, these need to be able to ventilate to stay cool...
air must be able to circulate around them.
I err on the side of caution and use mine on a gooseneck lamp without a shade

the ceiling is about 2ft away from the top of the cage. do you think 2ft would be too far away if i put it on the ceiling? although im kind of clueless how i would go about getting it mounted to the ceiling lol

I have 2 I use. 1 is in a gooseneck, the other is literally just a socket on a plug. I have it dangling from the ceiling from a hook.

I have 2 I use. 1 is in a gooseneck, the other is literally just a socket on a plug. I have it dangling from the ceiling from a hook.

good idea with the hook. so i will get the 40watt plus the plug that you buy seperatly and dangle it above the cage. is the cord a decent length?

I bought a socket and electric cord from Lowes and wired it together myself so you can get the cord as long as you need

20170221_203745.jpg

That's not a code violation. I wired the socket to the plug. It's like a lamp without the shade or base

You're asking me questions like my boyfriend does when I try to do something with tools. Then he takes the tools and does it for me. Muhahahaha

Back
Top Bottom