Aquazamp raindome question

Tyaeda

Established Member
I've heard nothing but good things about this system, and since my husband and I are going all out making Mr.Pink a new cage, we thought we would spare no expense trying to get him a nice mister. Right now we're using a Reptirain system, which is cheap, and barely does the job.

We like the raindome attachment, and have seen many videos of it in action. However, all of the cages had screen mesh on the top. I plan on using painted chicken wire for the top screening (the sides will be painted aluminum screen door mesh), and was wondering if the chicken wire would affect how well the raindome works?

I love my raindome - and the customer service was great - I would e-mail and ask to be sure (you'll get a quick answer) but I see no reason why it wouldn't work- I have just the mister on my one cage and a dome on the other - I was afraid to use the dome when my Jackson was really little but I'm adding a new dome for her this week and I might make it two - as I'm thinking of adding another chameleon also.

Nice! I can't wait to get a second chameleon... maybe a 3rd. We've been considering getting Mr.Pink a girlfriend eventually, and the cage I'm building now could easily be divided down the middle with a simple sheet of plastic (fluorescent ceiling light cover). Also looking at panthers. Oh my, I'm so freaking excited!

I've got this dining room table, and we're cutting a giant hole in the middle for a double kitchen sink. Can't have a drainage system like that, and not use it :p The cage will be built on top. The whole back panel will be a 3d rockwall with mini planters and feeder cups built in. All live plants, real branches, etc. :D

Is it just me, or is setup one of the best parts of owning a cham?

You could make a section of fine mesh screen to set under the raindome. I do think the size of the drops would be affected by the size of the mesh. It wouldn't be hard to rig something up with the trusty hot glue gun!:D. If you wanted to be fancy, Home Depot sells the metal framing for window screens. It was around $10 the last time I bought some. You could cut it down to raindome size and sit the raindome on top of that.

I dont wanna be a party pooper, but my buddy has one and its terrible.. (could be his though) but my Mistking is AWESOME. I love it . my chams love it, all is good no complaints here and they had good customer service.

Terrible, how? I have two rain domes and a mistaking setup, and actually like the Aquazamp setup better.

Tyaeda, I do think the size of the mesh will make the raindrops different than they would be on screen. I'd email Kevin and ask. He's really good at answering questions. Like other people have said, you could always cut a small piece of screen to set underneath it.

you could always cut a small piece of screen to set underneath it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Even a turnkey product can always use some customization to make it perfect for your situation. Plus I always love getting creative like that. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom