Aquazamp rain dome or similar

Bowmancj85

Was looking forward to purchasing the aquazamp but i don't think they are in business any longer. Looking for anything similar that is available for purchase or anybody selling on ASAP. Thank for any and all info...

Wanna keep these guys nice and hydrated...

06CDB238-B4D7-408D-AFA6-4749AEC90FE8_zpsl19tit4o.jpg

9DD4B21A-7183-49D9-8A41-3BC8EC48E62A_zpsiiyfpfcn.jpg

I'm very happy with my MISTKING. Set up is a snap; although, the timer has a bit of a learning curve.

That looked awesome! I can't wait till mine gets here and I can set it up

It is the best! If I'm home for a good while,usually the evening,I'll run it for like 20-30 mins straight,so he gets a long shower about 4-5 x a week. I fill about 7 gallons in the reservoir a week with rodi water. With 4 set times of 5 minutes sessions 7 days a week,plus the above mentioned mistings. It's also really quiet and for 100 you can't really beat it.

Mist king makes a rain nozzle ($18) option which does same thing as rain dome -allows you to make rain instead of mist

It is the best! If I'm home for a good while,usually the evening,I'll run it for like 20-30 mins straight,so he gets a long shower about 4-5 x a week. I fill about 7 gallons in the reservoir a week with rodi water. With 4 set times of 5 minutes sessions 7 days a week,plus the above mentioned mistings. It's also really quiet and for 100 you can't really beat it.

That seems like an awful lot of misting. You really don't need more than 2 minutes a few times a day, unless you're having an issue keeping humidity up. I recall you have a drainage system in your custom enclosure, so that isn't an issue. But you're burning through water pretty quickly. I use a 5 gallon every 2-3 weeks and I'm keeping humidity in the 60%-70% range doing 4 1 minute misting sessions a day.

That seems like an awful lot of misting. You really don't need more than 2 minutes a few times a day, unless you're having an issue keeping humidity up. I recall you have a drainage system in your custom enclosure, so that isn't an issue. But you're burning through water pretty quickly. I use a 5 gallon every 2-3 weeks and I'm keeping humidity in the 60%-70% range doing 4 1 minute misting sessions a day.
I have a really dry house,we use forced air year round between heat and ac, plus I make alot of water anyway for my reef tank so it's not a big deal to refill it if I gotta. My jacksons seems pretty well hydrated with this schedule, you gotta figure if they get 60"+ of rain a year they like it pretty wet lol.

I have a really dry house,we use forced air year round between heat and ac, plus I make alot of water anyway for my reef tank so it's not a big deal to refill it if I gotta. My jacksons seems pretty well hydrated with this schedule, you gotta figure if they get 60"+ of rain a year they like it pretty wet lol.

Yeah the AC will dry them up pretty quick. Just keep an eye on the humidity. If it's too high for too long, they're prone to respiratory infections. If you don't have a digital hydrometer, be sure to get one. Don't use one of those cheap analog ones that don't work very well.

Yeah the AC will dry them up pretty quick. Just keep an eye on the humidity. If it's too high for too long, they're prone to respiratory infections. If you don't have a digital hydrometer, be sure to get one. Don't use one of those cheap analog ones that don't work very well.

Good to know. I actually run a fan that occilates on a timer every hour for 15 mins to help dry the cage out between mistings and to push some fresh air through it when the fan comes on he likes to come down a few times a day to sit in the breeze :)

Back
Top Bottom