AquaZamp Questions!!

Hey guys, so I decided to give in and buy a mist system for my cham and I am pretty set on the premium raindome aquazamp but I have a few questions. I just glanced over the website but doesn't look like it has much detailed info.

1) Do I NEED to get a timer in order to use it? Or is there a button or something you press so it starts misting whenever I want? I plan to use it only for one long mist per day as the humidity in my cage stays at 80 throughout the day with one hand mist.

2) How big is their reservoir bucket?

3) And I am guessing that the 3.0gph nozzle puts out a lot more water than the .9?

Thanks and happy thanks giving fellow members!

honestly it would be better and about the same price to get a mistking. pretty much everyone that has it swears by it. i personally have a diy mister but when i can i will be getting the mistking when i get the chance.

Thanks, but I've read nothing but positive reviews for the aquazamp and I really like the idea of it "raining" in the cage instead of the mist blasting, seems much cleaner to the surrounding area. Also, the cheapest I've seen the mist king is about $170 while the zamp is 139$ shipped. Idk, I guess I just have my mind made up for the zamp.

i believe that the best mistking setup is 170. if im correct the starter kit is about 100 to 120. and honestly i havent heard much of anything about the aquazamp. but ask anyone on here and they say there is nothing better than the mistking. oh and the mistking starter kit should be perfect for you if you only have one or two cages. idk but im gonna go with what evryone else who has been doing this a while is using. thats just me

Mistking and aquazamp are very very similar products. As well they are both site sponsors. I have the mistking primary because it is a GREAT system and much easier to get here in Canada.
Mistking also has a rain dome and it is very easy to make your own with the nozzle the system comes with.
The starter system from mistking is usually $99 and a great buy. Comes with everything you need, except a resivior which I just got a 5 gallon bucket from homedepot and works great.

The Aquazamp is awesome! I recently bought the low profile raindome and it works great. The difference between the nozzles is how much water they put out and "mist" size. Not sure how many gallons the reservoir is? At least 5 gallons I would guess. You do not have to buy the timer. The pump does not have a switch so to turn it on you plug it into the wall. If you want to flip it on and off manually you could rig a switch pretty easily.

Mistking and aquazamp are very very similar products. As well they are both site sponsors. I have the mistking primary because it is a GREAT system and much easier to get here in Canada.
Mistking also has a rain dome and it is very easy to make your own with the nozzle the system comes with.

I know most people on this site swear by the mist king set up and I am sure it is great, but the aquazamp just calls to me for some reason lol That's another good point that the company is in Canada while zamp is in Cali, which would be easier shipping for me in FL.

The Aquazamp is awesome! I recently bought the low profile raindome and it works great. The difference between the nozzles is how much water they put out and "mist" size. Not sure how many gallons the reservoir is? At least 5 gallons I would guess. You do not have to buy the timer. The pump does not have a switch so to turn it on you plug it into the wall. If you want to flip it on and off manually you could rig a switch pretty easily.

Thank you for the info. So to start/stop the misting you just plug it on/off for however long you want? What size nozzle did you get? I kinda like the sound of the 'torrential' 3.0 nozzle lol

I have the Aquazamp and love it. Made in the USA too. I have it on 6 cages, each with the raindomes. Don't know what size the nozzles are. I did buy the timer, it's a must unless you are home every day to turn it on. Definately makes things easier!

I have had my AZ for almost a year. Great American made product. I got the pump, seconds timer and raindome for around $125 shipped. It was a great deal at the time. You can buy your own 5 gal bucket for less than $5 at wallyworld or Home Depot. Kevin is the man and very easy to work with. You have my support! :)

Hey guys, so I decided to give in and buy a mist system for my cham and I am pretty set on the premium raindome aquazamp but I have a few questions. I just glanced over the website but doesn't look like it has much detailed info.

1) Do I NEED to get a timer in order to use it? Or is there a button or something you press so it starts misting whenever I want? I plan to use it only for one long mist per day as the humidity in my cage stays at 80 throughout the day with one hand mist.

2) How big is their reservoir bucket?

3) And I am guessing that the 3.0gph nozzle puts out a lot more water than the .9?

Thanks and happy thanks giving fellow members!

The AquaZamp is Made in the USA, of premium quality components. Good choice!
1) if you are home to plug in and unplug your system, then a timer is not required. There is no button, but unplugging from the wall will cut power. However, if you do this method, you run the risk of forgetting and leaving the system on.

2) the reservoir is 4 gallons. Which means if you forget and leave your system on, you will end up with 4 gallons of water on your floor.

3) the 3 gallon per hour is roughly 3 times as much water as the .9 gallon per hour. To put that in perspective, 1 gallon is 128 ounces. So if you run a .9 gallon nozzle for 2 minutes, that is approximately 4 ounces (4 shot glasses or half a cup) of water. I recommend only using the 3 gph nozzles if you have a good drainage system.

If you are thinking of making a purchase this weekend, make sure to check out our Black Friday post in the sponsor secition!

Thanks for all the replies guys! And wow good thing I checked back and caught the black friday special in time, I will be ordering the kit tonight, thanks! And my drainage works very well so I think I should be fine with the 3.0

Back
Top Bottom