Aquazamp Problems!!!

ForrestJungle

Ok so since i cant get ahold of the people from Aquazamp maybe someone out in the Cham world can help. Ok so my pump wont hold pressure. The timer will go off and the the pump will turn on, but there is no suction. So i have to go to the bottom hose that is in the bucket and suck and blow into it until i feel pressure then have to hurry and put it back into the water. I can only do this in the evening because i leave for work so early that the light arent even on yet. Someone have any suggestion on what to do?

Hope this helps you out.

Ok so since i cant get ahold of the people from Aquazamp maybe someone out in the Cham world can help. Ok so my pump wont hold pressure. The timer will go off and the the pump will turn on, but there is no suction. So i have to go to the bottom hose that is in the bucket and suck and blow into it until i feel pressure then have to hurry and put it back into the water. I can only do this in the evening because i leave for work so early that the light arent even on yet. Someone have any suggestion on what to do?

Hi Forest,

I replied to your email a minute ago. I think you might want to try priming the pump without anything plugged into the pump. This is something that sometimes needs to be done when the pump has run dry. If the pump doesn't run dry you won't need to do this. Start by unplugging the pump from the RainDome or misting nozzle. Place the tube into the water reservoir or even into your potted plant. Power the pump on and let it run for about 30 seconds. You will get a steady stream of water. Power off the pump and connect the tubing to the RainDome or misting nozzle. Power the system on again and you shouldn't have an issue anymore.

The AquaZamp pumps will self prime if the pump has an operation of a few minutes after it has run dry, but if very short misting or rain times are programmed the pump doesn't get a chance to re-prime itself.

Now that I am down to just one chameleon I am operating as if I were a customer, one RainDome, one pump and a timer. I have run dry, so I know how easy it can be to not refill. Since I run for a minimum of 5 minutes per operation I haven't had to re-prime the pump after running dry.

I am very certain your pump is functioning fine and might just need a good, no back-pressure priming and it will be back to normal operation. I included my cell phone number in your email, so feel free to text or call me tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kevin Zamp

In addition to what Kevin says, make sure your supply line is tight and has no leaks. If it sucks air, it won't prime correctly.

Hi Forest,

I replied to your email a minute ago. I think you might want to try priming the pump without anything plugged into the pump. This is something that sometimes needs to be done when the pump has run dry. If the pump doesn't run dry you won't need to do this. Start by unplugging the pump from the RainDome or misting nozzle. Place the tube into the water reservoir or even into your potted plant. Power the pump on and let it run for about 30 seconds. You will get a steady stream of water. Power off the pump and connect the tubing to the RainDome or misting nozzle. Power the system on again and you shouldn't have an issue anymore.

The AquaZamp pumps will self prime if the pump has an operation of a few minutes after it has run dry, but if very short misting or rain times are programmed the pump doesn't get a chance to re-prime itself.

Now that I am down to just one chameleon I am operating as if I were a customer, one RainDome, one pump and a timer. I have run dry, so I know how easy it can be to not refill. Since I run for a minimum of 5 minutes per operation I haven't had to re-prime the pump after running dry.

I am very certain your pump is functioning fine and might just need a good, no back-pressure priming and it will be back to normal operation. I included my cell phone number in your email, so feel free to text or call me tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kevin Zamp
Hello, I'm having the same problem with my pump that just arrived and I would like to try to prime the pump however I can't figure out how to get the PVC line out of the raindome. If anybody can explain how this works I'd really appreciate it! Thanks

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my pump that just arrived and I would like to try to prime the pump however I can't figure out how to get the PVC line out of the raindome. If anybody can explain how this works I'd really appreciate it! Thanks

There is a little plastic ring where the hose goes into the dome. Push it in and pull out the hose at the same time.

What would be cool is get a 80psi capable button valve (think air hose blow gun) that would fit the 1/4" piping. Then priming would be just hold down button for a few seconds if you ran the tank dry.

Back
Top Bottom