AquaZamp Mister = Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammonlee

I debated between a MistKing and an AquaZamp for a matter of 10 minutes. Luckily I had the chance to speak with Kevin, from AquaZamp while doing so. He mentioned a ton of facts about AquaZamp other then the fact that the parts were all made in the USA. Can't go wrong with the good ole' U S of A.

I received my unit today, after a total of 5 days, including the weekend (purchased on Friday, received the following Wednesday). You will have to forgive me, as I was so excited to get this mister hooked up and running before Waldo's last misting cycle that i didnt even realize that there was no card in my camera as I was steadily snapping away my unboxing photo's. I assure you, the packaging was great, every piece of equipment was stuff into the water container (4 gallons) and wrapped tightly with a ??cardboard type wrapping paper??. It was tightly wrapped and packed neatly inside with more cardboard type paper inside the container for stuffing.

As I opened the jug and pulled out the stuffing, I was surprised at the amount of patriotism that flew out at me. No confetti burst in the air or fireworks, but 'Made in USA' stickers on everything, an extra 'Made in USA' sticker, and a miniature American Flag. I loved it, being the ex-military, super patriotic, military supporter that I am, I couldn't have been more happy with what I opened up. That, and the amount of parts that were included; I read the included list on the website and while it seemed like a good amount of necessary equipment, opening up the thick plastic zip-lock bag and pouring out the pieces; it just seemed like twice as much that I read (I did have an extra nozzle in my order at 1/2 price thanks to Kevin and his sales skills).

After Unboxing
IMG_3381-1.jpg

Installing the pump, mounted on the lid of the water jug, was as easy as could be. Every hose and connect was a push to lock connection, as you insert, a fitting inside spreads locking it into place. A small sheet of paper (on the back of the orange paper shown in the picture above) are step-by-step perfect and easy to understand instructions that makes putting everything together as easy as can be.

4-gallon water container with pump mounted and all connections made
IMG_3382-1.jpg

My left front corner nozzle. I added two nozzles because the mist, being so fine (which is very good) sometimes gets sucked towards the outside of the cage when my ceiling fan is blowing. really like the 3/4" connection that the nozzle and hose connects to and how it makes a great seal on the drilled hole
IMG_3385-1.jpg

My right side nozzle that ensures I get mist to the middle of the cage even with the ceiling fan blowing
IMG_3386-1.jpg

The 3/4" connection I mentioned I like because of the tight seal, from the outside
IMG_3389.jpg

Waldo hiding as I install the unit
IMG_3388-1.jpg

Made in the United States of America BABY!
IMG_3390-1.jpg

If I had anything to say as far as improvements on the unit, it has nothing to do with the unit itself. I would say add a "required tools" area on the website for each page of AquaZamp units as i wasn't prepared to drill my 3/4" hole into my enclosure frame for the fittings. I of course could have just went through the screen as the 3/4" fitting seals it up tight preventing any escape, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time that i need a 3/4" bit to get the fitting through my frame. of course, I'm sure if I had looked over the parts more thoroughly I would have known this. The unit itself, I find it perfect. It runs hard, you can tell by the spray, but it runs quiet. I previously owned a RS400 Monsoon and the AquaZamp puts out way more and better quality mist; yet runs soooooo silent. I wouldn't know it is even on if i don't watch the cage 24/7. The connections were easy, the build was easy. Every looks clean and I love the little patriotic tid-bits that come along with it. Money we

Thanks for this thread! I'm going to get an Aquazamp soon - also because of the conversation I had with Kevin. I appreciate your pics and information that will help me when I get ready to install mine!

its a great choice - set-up was unbelievably easy. i was a little concerned at the begging cause of the elbows and the connections and so on, but the instructions were perfect. My 6 yr old could have connected everything. The holes on the lid appear to be off, even when you put the pump in the correct position, but when you squeeze the nylon screws in, you realize its meant to be a tight fit and it is.

You will be pleased for sure, and if you were like me and bought a company brand like Monsoon RS400 (myself) or the Habba Mist (which gets terrible reviews from everyone) you will be even more excited when it starts to run. I just wish it was delivered at 6am and not 2pm so I could see it run all day!

Rite on great choice an looks really good installed.. ya cant beat kevins customer service and the red white an blue dont hurt either... thumbs up..

Alright Kevin....... how much are you payin' people to write these great things....?? I'll write whatever you want for the right price. ;)

Alright Kevin....... how much are you payin' people to write these great things....?? I'll write whatever you want for the right price. ;)

can you put a price on quality an great customer service? huh huh can ya ? lol im am not a paid spokesperson im just a happy customer....;)

I'm paid to say it but for the record I love Aguazamp!

Well, he must not have paid you enough since you don't even spell it right. LMAO!! :rolleyes:

Hey, Kev, you know I'm just bustin' your chops. I think the Zamp is pretty darn cool and the best IMO. Wasn't I telling you that a long time ago? Glad to see you finally made it reality. :D

And for the record, I'm all for "made in the USA" stuff too!!

well i must say, I'm not paid at all to say what is said, I'm actually 100+$ short in the bank to say. but again, it is money well spent. Im just ecstatic with the product is all, and there is so much about mist king out there (nothing against them cause their product looks good as well) I wanted everyone to know my opinion on The 'Zamp. or for all you hispanics out there (Ryan jarosek) the AguaZamp

I'm Mexican and I gotta say.. Seeing the aqua coming out of the ZamP is muy fantastico... You can feel the mexcellence:cool: seeing it in person on a melleri freerange is something else

I'm saving up.. Just waiting for the day .... Don't worry Kev...:p

I didnt purchase the digital timer, I have an ecozone controller to connect to and am using that to set my misting schedules. You'll have to get timer information from kevin himself or somebody who has purchased it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom