Approximately How Old is MoJo?

Haven27

Hey guys,

I'm wondering what age my male veiled chameleon might be. If anyone is good at guesstimating, I'd love your opinion!

Thanks!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Haven,

Good question. A little more info on you guy would be helpful in guestimating his age.

How long is he (body only) ?

When did you get him?

When did he start "displaying" for you (ie: puffing his throat) ?

His casque looks pretty small. If I was to take a wild guess, on the pics you provided, I would say between 4-8 mo. old. Pretty hard to tell though.

I only got him a week ago. I looked up the differences in appearance between 5month old and 1 year old veiled chams and he matches the look of a 5 month old better. I just measured him, and he is about 5" from nose to cloaca. He's been displaying at me since I got him. Except he's becoming much more friendly now. :)

Neat how his "greens" are kind of like an "Aqua" colour, also where the yellow colour bars are on my male, yours has like a grey colour.

Looks 4-6 months to me. About the same as my guy..

Neat how his "greens" are kind of like an "Aqua" colour, also where the yellow colour bars are on my male, yours has like a grey colour.

Looks 4-6 months to me. About the same as my guy..

Yeah, I've noticed he is more turquoise and grey than any yellow. I'm not sure where his yellow went or if it will show up at all, giving that he's approximately 5 months and still doesn't show his own yellow. He turns a multitude of green shades but when he's calm, he's green and light green or torquoise and grey. When he is upset, he will turn darker greens and add some blacks. Do you think there is an underlying problem as to why he doesn't show yellow? Time for new thread!

Maybe it is just his lineage...Or maybe there are colour morphs? Not sure. Don't think there is a problem though. :cool:

looks like my guy judo
he had lots of yellow till he hit about 5 months then one day he was brown all day everyday
after 5-6 weeks of that he got his colors back without the yellow

I think mojo is 7-9 months in age

Attachments

• judo1.JPG
    judo1.JPG
    472.8 KB · Views: 154
looks like my guy judo
he had lots of yellow till he hit about 5 months then one day he was brown all day everyday
after 5-6 weeks of that he got his colors back without the yellow

I think mojo is 7-9 months in age
I wonder if the yellow returns with age? I'm glad someone else's baby doesn't have yellow as well so it's not so scary!

Back
Top Bottom