Apple TV + New Series Prehistoric Planet

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
There is a new streaming series on Apple TV + called Prehistoric Planet being release on Monday 5/23/2022. This is a series I am looking forward too. This series looks great and is being narrated by Sir David Attenborough. While this series about ancient life on earth is being produced by John Favreau and the producers of the Planet Earth series. For those of you interested watch this program.

https://tv.apple.com/us/show/prehistoric-planet/umc.cmc.4lh4bmztauvkooqz400akxav?ctx_brand=tvs.sbd.4000&ign-itscg=MC_20000&ign-itsct=atvp_brand_omd&mttn3pid=Google AdWords&mttnagencyid=a5e&mttncc=US&mttnsiteid=143238&mttnsubad=OUS2019950_1-593751800544-c&mttnsubkw=144248666108__J1lRfctc_&mttnsubplmnt=

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Darn...missed it.
You did not miss the show. Prehistoric Places is a streaming series. You can watch Prehistoric Places any time you want too. You just have to subscribe to Apple TV + streaming channel. Once you have subscribed you can watch any of the series any time you want. The first Episode showed today. Episode two shows tomorrow.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Episode four "Ice Worlds" was a good episode. This episode was especially intriguing because the episode shows dinosaurs living in arctic climates.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I was so excited to watch this with my almost 3 and almost 4 year old, they thought the dinosaurs were cool, but were confused why “that guy keeps talking” 🤦🏻. I was like guys this is so freaking amazing, I would have lost my mind as a kid if they had something like it. Then they were saying it’s wrong because “those aren’t raptors!”(jurassic park has ruined them).

Episode four "Ice Worlds" was a good episode. This episode was especially intriguing because the episode shows dinosaurs living in arctic climates.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I’m only halfway through the second episode, but I saw the ice worlds title and thought that would be really cool. Just a month ago I was curiously googling if there were dinosaurs in cold climates.

I was so excited to watch this with my almost 3 and almost 4 year old, they thought the dinosaurs were cool, but were confused why “that guy keeps talking” 🤦🏻. I was like guys this is so freaking amazing, I would have lost my mind as a kid if they had something like it. Then they were saying it’s wrong because “those aren’t raptors!”(jurassic park has ruined them).
Did you clue them into what was going on? The youngsters catch on after a while?

The Velociraptor image they used in Jurassic Park I think was mostly the 1990's perception of how Velociraptors looked in the 1990's. They movie makers just stayed with that 1990's image. There has been debate as to what Velociraptors actually looked. The species is supposed to be the intermediary between dinosaurs and birds.
I ’m only halfway through the second episode, but I saw the ice worlds title and thought that would be really cool. Just a month ago I was curiously googling if there were dinosaurs in cold climates.
That "Ice Worlds" episode was interesting. I have heard some theories that some dinosaurs may have been warm blooded and lived in cold climates. That theory was interesting because it really went against the previous prevalent picture or image that dinosaurs only lived in tropical or temperate habitats.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

The final Episode five "Forests" was a good conclusion to this series. I think this series had some good coverage for a five Episode series. This last fifth Episode concluded the series well with some intriguing theory/coverage about some dinosaur species.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Did you clue them into what was going on? The youngsters catch on after a while?

The Velociraptor image they used in Jurassic Park I think was mostly the 1990's perception of how Velociraptors looked in the 1990's. They movie makers just stayed with that 1990's image. There has been debate as to what Velociraptors actually looked. The species is supposed to be the intermediary between dinosaurs and birds.

That "Ice Worlds" episode was interesting. I have heard some theories that some dinosaurs may have been warm blooded and lived in cold climates. That theory was interesting because it really went against the previous prevalent picture or image that dinosaurs only lived in tropical or temperate habitats.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I tried to, but they’re still at the ages where they don’t wanna hear it lol. They think they know everything already.

Yeah I believe Jurassic park’s velociraptor was actually closest to the Utahraptor, and what they thought they would look like back then(isn’t it crazy how much dinosaurs have changed as we’ve learned more).

As for the warm blooded dinosaurs theory… that seems to be catching on. It would seem to make sense, There’s even some reptiles, like tegus, that are partially *warm* blooded during mating season I think it is.

I tried to, but they’re still at the ages where they don’t wanna hear it lol. They think they know everything already.

Yeah I believe Jurassic park’s velociraptor was actually closest to the Utahraptor, and what they thought they would look like back then(isn’t it crazy how much dinosaurs have changed as we’ve learned more).

As for the warm blooded dinosaurs theory… that seems to be catching on. It would seem to make sense, There’s even some reptiles, like tegus, that are partially *warm* blooded during mating season I think it is.
This show posted a lot of modern theory that is updated from what the Jurassic Park franchise has shown to this point. However Jurassic World "Dominion" from the trailers I have seen is going to show Dinosaur's in arctic/sub artic conditions. That is good as that shows that franchise is keeping up with modern Dinosaur theory to a degree.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

There was a Raptor species that was completely feathered in Jurassic World "Dominion". The species was not named. The Jurrasic Park/World franchise is keeping up to date on paleo theory somewhat. Plus there is a couple of new dinosaurs species.

The movie was good SciFi for the franchise.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This last Jurassic World "Dominion" is the end of a movie franchise. This is one movie I am going to attempt to watch in Imax. I am one that prefers live action movies in theaters over streaming.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Aw man that show is AMAZING. I love dinosaurs but nobody else in my family share that interest with me on the level that I do except little brother. Me and him love them so much that we have dinosaur figurines everywhere in our rooms. So when this came out and Camp Cretaceous was already out, me and my little brother had a hay-day.

Back
Top Bottom