Appears in coma

kev barton

hi all my 2 year old chameleon appears to be in a coma state, i have mist his varium and he seemed to response slightly and opened his mouth several times but he still appears lifeless and is hang from branches upside down

he is holding though

please help!!!

Get him to a vet RIGHT NOW....if you want to have any chance of him surviving....then go over your husbandry in case there are things wrong with it.

that was first thing i did

i am awaiting a reply as it is out of office hours

he responses slightly when sprayed

he is a male veiled

that was first thing i did

i am awaiting a reply as it is out of office hours

he responses slightly when sprayed

he is a male veiled

We can't help you or your vet without a lot more information. Fill out the "how to ask for help" form. This cham is very far gone probably. If he is showing large patches of unusual coloration (such as one half of the body, tail, shoulders or head showing very dark or lighter color than the other areas) it is a sign he's close to death. But, without knowing your husbandry or the health history of this cham we can't possibly guess what's wrong.

yes he was very very light colour

i have been spraying him andthen left him for a while before spraying again and he has now just gradually come round and just seems very weak

i guess he may have been dehydrated

he is much better but still seems to weak to eat

i will keep you updated

What is the temperature in the cage?

You haven't been spraying water in his open mouth, have you??
Is he pooping? Are you sure its a male?
Has it been eating?
Were its eyes closed lately?

I just went and read all your posts....did you ever replace the light that Dave Weldon suggested be replaced?
In this thread (https://www.chameleonforums.com/indenting-closing-eye-20162/) you said that he was a little nervous and slow but had grown more quickly than his brothers and sisters....are his arms straight or do they have what looks like a second elbow above the real one?

You didn't reply back to this thread (https://www.chameleonforums.com/mouth-open-25202/)....so did he stop opening his mouth?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom