Apollo basking and refusing his Kale

Stoneboys3

I've made a conscience effort to vary Apollo's diet. He likes the bugs, not the greens

Attachments

• apollo.jpg
    apollo.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 110
chameleons while they do occasionally snack on veggies do not need them nor do they usually want them. Stick with the bugs!

Veggies

I saw a video of a chameleon tearing kale leaves almost frantically. I thought it would be nice if my cham had the same appreciation. Like my mother demanding I eat my lima beans and brussel sprouts :)

Veilds eat mostly feeder bugs when there younger.As they get older,(after 6 months)most Veileds start nibbling at vegitation as part of there water source.Some will even eat vegitation as there primary water source.much like they do in the wild. My suggestion is to always keep nontoxic plants in with you cham.If it starts nibbling on the leaves.Introduce some leafy treats.I have a pill-bottle w/ a little water in it.It attaches to the side of the cage with wire. I put char/kale or other leafy treats hanging out of it. Or you can also place 1/4-1/2 inch slices of melon on a stick like a kabbob.(my boys favorite).At this point the best thing you can do to vary its diet. is to offer a wide varity of feeders and a even wider varity of gutloads.

Yes I'm being sure to feed the crickets the food I want the Cham to eat. Seems to be a win win for the crickets and Apollo.

Back
Top Bottom