Anyone working with mt meru, johnstons, etc?

I know this sounds weird given his parson’s specialty, but I think @Action Jackson works with merus.

I did work with and breed Mt Meru Jackson’s and also Johnstoni in the past. Unfortunately I stopped because of lack of interest from buyers. Both these species are gone from the pet trade in the US. As far as I know there are a few people in the EU that are still working with them.

Just a quick Google. Dont know if it is current.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-27-06-59-20.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-27-06-59-20.png
    568.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2020-03-27-06-59-28.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-27-06-59-28.png
    408.9 KB · Views: 111
That's a shame. Dunno how people weren't interested in these!

It’s like that with just about all chamelens that aren’t Panthers or Veileds. There is limited interest. I have CBB calumma Brevicorne right now and there is very limited interest.This is the first time that I know of that CBB brevicorne have even been available in the US. When they are gone, I won’t work with them again.Same with O’shaughnessy and Cristifer’s. Once they are gone, people will want them.

It’s like that with just about all chamelens that aren’t Panthers or Veileds. There is limited interest. I have CBB calumma Brevicorne right now and there is very limited interest.This is the first time that I know of that CBB brevicorne have even been available in the US. When they are gone, I won’t work with them again.Same with O’shaughnessy and Cristifer’s. Once they are gone, people will want them.

If I had the space, i would have gotten a cristifer and oshaugn from you already lol.

Veileds and panthers are cool, but idk why they are so much more popular. Maybe because they are just readily available and often the first species that people come across.

That’s a shame I really love the o’shaughnessy, just like james I don’t have to space for them at the moment. They are really beautiful :love:

Veileds and panthers are cool, but idk why they are so much more popular. Maybe because they are just readily available and often the first species that people come across.

Just MHO but Veilds are popular because kids can cajole their parents to buy them at their local PetCo/Petsmart for as low as 50 bucks. Significant price gap from Vields to Panthers which range from $300-$500. The brilliant, candy coated color of a Panther makes them desirable so its easy to understand their popularity.

What I don't understand is for close to the same money as a Vield, one can have a Jacksons. Granted, fewer of them are captive bred but they do have a sweeter, gentler personality. It's not all about color! ;)

Just MHO but Veilds are popular because kids can cajole their parents to buy them at their local PetCo/Petsmart for as low as 50 bucks. Significant price gap from Vields to Panthers which range from $300-$500. The brilliant, candy coated color of a Panther makes them desirable so its easy to understand their popularity.

What I don't understand is for close to the same money as a Vield, one can have a Jacksons. Granted, fewer of them are captive bred but they do have a sweeter, gentler personality. It's not all about color! ;)

Completely agree! Jacksons have horns too, how can you beat that?!

If I had the space, i would have gotten a cristifer and oshaugn from you already lol.

Jackson’s do need a significant night temp drop, so maybe that’s why people hesitate. I know someone who lost his jackson, 3 times in a row... he kept trying but they were just dying. Maybe it’s because here in Canada, Jacksons are always wc... and very expensive (360$ for a male)

Jackson’s do need a significant night temp drop, so maybe that’s why people hesitate. I know someone who lost his jackson, 3 times in a row... he kept trying but they were just dying. Maybe it’s because here in Canada, Jacksons are always wc... and very expensive (360$ for a male)

That someone you know lost three (3) consecutive Jacksons all due to not providing enough of a temp drop at night?

I got mine at four months and (knock on wood) haven't had a single vet visit (yet). My first cham, he's one and a half yrs now and I take exceptional care of him but still a tad astonished how easy he's been to rear up.

Attachments

• IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 106

My jacks have color. :cool:

Also, forgot to add I only paid $150 + $50 to ship for my male (CBB Reptiles). I was teetering between Jacksons and Panther and with this being my first cham, went with the Jacksons so that if I lost him, the financial bite would hurt less.

Back
Top Bottom