Anyone use fruit trees in their enclosures?

SteelHeadStalker

Anyone ever use eureka lemon trees for free ranges or inside a screen cage ? the nursery in my area got a bunch in and i noticed 2 things , 1 this thing has some sparce thorns no big deal a pair of finger nail clippers can fix that 2 there is no information on wether or not this thing is toxic to animals or reptiles.

Ok im gonna pick up a couple and see how things go i always figured within reason if it were safe for people it would be safe for chams the thorns on the lemon tree i could see being a problem but im going to de thorn them and rinse them off thoughly before i let a cham climb around in them just wasnt sure if cirtus acid in the leaves would be a problem? , i like having dual use plants as cham free ranges ( plum tree,apple tree,pear tree) cham gets a place to hang out and i get something to use to feed to feeders or tortoises or for myself

Yeah, home depot has a sale on them. Wanted to get a couple for the deck, as a reward for the more well behaved chams. Glad you asked. Now i have the confidence to pull the trigger and get a couple. I love lemon trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok im gonna pick up a couple and see how things go i always figured within reason if it were safe for people it would be safe for chams the thorns on the lemon tree i could see being a problem but im going to de thorn them and rinse them off thoughly before i let a cham climb around in them just wasnt sure if cirtus acid in the leaves would be a problem? , i like having dual use plants as cham free ranges ( plum tree,apple tree,pear tree) cham gets a place to hang out and i get something to use to feed to feeders or tortoises or for myself

I know I've read that some keepers have used those dwarf citrus trees in cages. They would need a lot of direct light, but I don't see why you couldn't use them. The cham might sample a leaf but if its too acidic won't try again. It wouldn't be toxic probably.

Back
Top Bottom