anyone suggest purchasing from screameleons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlemeleon

Hi! We are looking into raising a chameleon. We are still reading and researching right now but I was wondering if anyone has any experience w/screameleons. Positive or negative. I don't think I'd feel comfortable going to the petsmart near us... Any suggestions?

Yes.... any one of the sponsors here are great... But I also condone looking at pet stores for healthy chams!!!!! they need homes before they become not so healthy...... Not that all stores are bad... Some have bad reputations

Good call, on the no petsmart ! Screameleons have built themselves a good rep that you can buy in confidence if that is who you choose.

Petsmart does not know a thing about chams, and make sure local petstores can tell you information that you already know... i.e., if you ask what kind of substrate you should use, make sure they tell you none, or papertowel/newspaper. Kind of test them to see if they have some knowledge!

I've tested many a pet store employee...only had one pass so far.

I had a very nice surprise the other day, I was about to flip out on the guy at petsmart because they had a water dish, a red heat light for a little veiled, but I asked him politely how they mist the little guy, and he said,

"Oh yeah, we mist them on a regular basis, I hate to have the water dish in there, but if we don't people freak out thinking we're not giving them drinking water. And the heat light is just part of the built in"

I then went to another store, asking if they had any Calcium without D3, and the kid there was like... What's that? And I told him that using D3 everyday can poison the little guys and he was like WHAT?! Are you serious? That's what I use at home! :confused: I gave him so homework to do.

i just purchased my chameleon from them and i give them a definite two thumbs up. with all the questions i was asking and getting fast responses. i got the starter kit setup to start then when it was time for me to pick the little i was hesitant to start with a female. so i upgraded to purchasing a male with no problems at all.

I think you only give them the D3 once or twice a month. Is that right? (Kind of quizzing myself here :))

Your options are:

Repashy calcium plus - every feeding

Or

Calcium w/out D3 every feeding
Calcium w/ D3 2x a month
Multivitamin 2x a month

So yeah! You're correct.

screameleons

Purchased my first Chameleon "Skittles" from them, he is a blue bar ambilobe and is the picture in my avatar. They were very helpful courteous and professional. I purchased a starter kit from them the the one bonus is their starter kits include an automatic mister (Habbamist) which is about 60-70 bucks alone. The cham was active and healthy and brings a smile to me everyday. Vince and Farrah are very helpful and knowledgeable and respond quickly to questions. I give them an A+!!!

Petsmart does not know a thing about chams, and make sure local petstores can tell you information that you already know... i.e., if you ask what kind of substrate you should use, make sure they tell you none, or papertowel/newspaper. Kind of test them to see if they have some knowledge!

I LOVE this game! Stump the chump. I ease into my little test by pretending interest in buying their cham. Listen to their care info. Push them a bit farther by saying something like "I've read a little about chams and heard...this and that". Based on their response I keep going deeper or say I'm going to go online and read up before making a decision. Then, if the employee seems interested, I'll offer to make copies of the info I find, or even admit I have kept chams for years etc etc. I'd much rather gain the trust and friendly interest of a store person in order to help their cham than alienate them by a scathing sermon that puts them on the defensive or labels me as a crackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom