anyone know why mistking charges so much for shipping?

and some change haha.. lunch .. dinner.. my broke ass could use that money haha.. its all good .. now you know for next time

theres also a promotion code/coupon code at the bottom of the cage.. I wonder if there are any codes out there?? I tried searching but found some old ones....

Marty at MistKing does not have control over the shipping charges. It bases it off weight and calculates the rate. I talked with him about it a while back.

While $25 seams steep, I agree, your order may qualify for the small packets post, which will save you some money. Try it next time you need to place an order.

Items being shipped via Canda Post Priorty will generally take about 5-7 business days, into the US. The fastest I have recieved goods was 5 business days, and the longest was 8 business days.

When you think about the fact that both Canada Post and the USPS both play a part in the delivery of your goods, you will understand why the fee is what it is. Everyone needs to make a portion and thats how business works.

-Jay

Last edited:
The hub motor for my bike came out of Canada, the whole kit weighed over 50 pounds so shipping was like 60 bucks. I also got hit with an extra charge for the size of the box. That could be the reason for the 45 bucks with no pump, but I have no clue how big your box is.

lmao i ride a bike i fill up with 9 dollars

My bike is electric so I fill up for about 5 cents. :D

crap! I had a lengthy reply and my focus wasn't on the box and when I pressed delete it took me back a page...sigh... let me sum things up real fast

- when shipping in Canada, no problems pick either UPS or Canada Post. Simple, fast and reliable for both shippers, though UPS is a bit faster.

if you're in the USA, few tricks to getting the package faster

You may be reading few posts on here where it says that parcels take up to 12 business days. That's a thing of the past. We used to be enabled only for Canada Post simply because they were automated and made shipping across the border easy. Problem was that it is slow, tracking is crap and shipping is still pretty expensive. They also pass the mail to USPS in the US, which has issues of its own and their tracking tends to be just as crappy. Canada Post is still unbeatable for small packages under 1kg though...read on.

Since then, we set up UPS on the shopping cart and what an improvement!!! A bit more paperwork for us, but instead of waiting 12 business days, packages get to most places in 2-5 days with real time tracking. The best part is that it's for virtually the same price as Canada Post.

- If you're shipping small items (few nozzles, etc. As long as the package is under 1kg), then pick Canada Post small Packet Air. It will get to you relatively fast (within 6 business days the latest) and it costs about $7 - however there's no tracking and no insurance. If you can live 'on the edge' for a few days, then this is the way to go for small items.

- if you're shipping larger item (a system or whatever over 1kg) then UPS standard is the best way. It's fast, reliable and tracking is excellent and is typically between $20-$30

Sometimes I hear from guys in California that shipping is expensive. It's all relative to distance. We don't charge handling or inflate the shipping at all. It is what it is. If you ship something from Detroit it will be just as expensive. It's all based on distance and zones. I shipped something recently in my double walled box, from Detroit to California and Priority Mail came out to $25 and change. It was about the same size as a misting system. My jaw dropped, because for the same price I could have UPS'ed it over from Canada and it would get there in the same amount of time.

Yes, $46 was a bit rediculous. On a positive note, the order came in 12:16 am, by 1:30am was already done and this morning UPS already picked it up. I was tired and was about to hit the sack, then I figured you really needed it. Otherwise it would go out tomorrow.

crap! I had a lengthy reply and my focus wasn't on the box and when I pressed delete it took me back a page...sigh... let me sum things up real fast

- when shipping in Canada, no problems pick either UPS or Canada Post. Simple, fast and reliable for both shippers, though UPS is a bit faster.

if you're in the USA, few tricks to getting the package faster

You may be reading few posts on here where it says that parcels take up to 12 business days. That's a thing of the past. We used to be enabled only for Canada Post simply because they were automated and made shipping across the border easy. Problem was that it is slow, tracking is crap and shipping is still pretty expensive. They also pass the mail to USPS in the US, which has issues of its own and their tracking tends to be just as crappy. Canada Post is still unbeatable for small packages under 1kg though...read on.

Since then, we set up UPS on the shopping cart and what an improvement!!! A bit more paperwork for us, but instead of waiting 12 business days, packages get to most places in 2-5 days with real time tracking. The best part is that it's for virtually the same price as Canada Post.

- If you're shipping small items (few nozzles, etc. As long as the package is under 1kg), then pick Canada Post small Packet Air. It will get to you relatively fast (within 6 business days the latest) and it costs about $7 - however there's no tracking and no insurance. If you can live 'on the edge' for a few days, then this is the way to go for small items.

- if you're shipping larger item (a system or whatever over 1kg) then UPS standard is the best way. It's fast, reliable and tracking is excellent and is typically between $20-$30

Sometimes I hear from guys in California that shipping is expensive. It's all relative to distance. We don't charge handling or inflate the shipping at all. It is what it is. If you ship something from Detroit it will be just as expensive. It's all based on distance and zones. I shipped something recently in my double walled box, from Detroit to California and Priority Mail came out to $25 and change. It was about the same size as a misting system. My jaw dropped, because for the same price I could have UPS'ed it over from Canada and it would get there in the same amount of time.

Yes, $46 was a bit rediculous. On a positive note, the order came in 12:16 am, by 1:30am was already done and this morning UPS already picked it up. I was tired and was about to hit the sack, then I figured you really needed it. Otherwise it would go out tomorrow.

Wow u guys are good and I'm impressed and I will continue to do business with you. :cool:

I work with shipping throughout the world and Canadians hate using UPS because of brokerage fees that they charge to get the package. Priority Mail is a big rip off unless it weighs under a pound or if you use a flat rate box. You can ship up to a 20 pound package via Flat rate box for only $25 from the U.S. to Canada or flat rate box within the U.S. for $10. The only problem is the items must be able to fit in specific sized flat rate box. Plain and simple fact is Canada government rapes everyone on taxes and duties, so it isn't MistKings fault at all. Don't forget they have a federal and province tax which comes out to around 15% in most places in sales tax. We have a lot of cheap customers that choose parcel mail, but a lot of times we just upgrade to priority just to have a tracking number. Business's must protect themselves as much as possible from possible scammers claiming they didn't get something.

Back
Top Bottom