Anyone know progress signs with mbd

There is tons of info on mbd here but nothing about recovery and signs of progress! So I thought I would start this so anyone that has had a pet with mbd could share their recovery time and progresses here ..thanks for sharing your experience

When a chameleon has MBD, you can correct it...bring the nutrients back into balance....make the bones and muscles strong again...but the arms and legs, etc will usually remain crooked and some other damage may not be corrected by bringing things back into balance as well. In my experience,from what I've seen, read, etc... normally, the chameleon can live a pretty good, almost normal length life once it's corrected.

To correct it, the chameleon is usually given extra calcium in a liquid form along with the normal schedule of dusting we recommend and proper UVB as well as other proper husbandry? Once the imbalance has been corrected and the bones, muscles, etc are strong again the liquid calcium is stopped and the regular dusting schedule and proper UVB and correct husbandry are continued.

When a chameleon has MBD, you can correct it...bring the nutrients back into balance....make the bones and muscles strong again...but the arms and legs, etc will usually remain crooked and some other damage may not be corrected by bringing things back into balance as well. In my experience,from what I've seen, read, etc... normally, the chameleon can live a pretty good, almost normal length life once it's corrected.

To correct it, the chameleon is usually given extra calcium in a liquid form along with the normal schedule of dusting we recommend and proper UVB as well as other proper husbandry? Once the imbalance has been corrected and the bones, muscles, etc are strong again the liquid calcium is stopped and the regular dusting schedule and proper UVB and correct husbandry are continued.
I am going to call vet office about liquid calcium...they gave Ozzy a shot 2 xs in two weeks but said that's all he could have ..

I just was trying to find reading material on what you notice in improvement so I know he is doing better...I am spending soon much time on him. This am he actually was able to climb a limb I placed low and had vines laying close so he had more to hold onto ...I was very happy to see that

Back
Top Bottom