Anyone Interested In Veiled Eggs?

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Any of my chameleon friends interested in a couple of veileds eggs in about 30 days? Hunter and Gamora mated today. I’d like to have a small clutch of babies that I can manage better, so would like to share some eggs.

Hunter and Gamora

10E7DFDA-B5C8-4006-9E37-093B7E307A6A.jpeg

F0217296-5AFC-410C-A22F-08B97AA46198.jpeg

D1265419-5286-4DB9-BE54-05A0A68F04C5.jpeg

4D4274FF-75E7-4517-99A2-76DF39F88FAE.jpeg

I am interested, I only have one enclosure though, so one would be all i could take right now, are you selling? or giving away, and will you ship?

She mated with Bane too?! 😮

Yes, it wasn’t planned but it happen. Bane’s free range is in my bedroom and Gamora’s is in our BIG master bath. I went to get something in my room and Bane was peeking under the bathroom door. I slowly opened the door and Gamora was on the floor by the door. When I opened the door she strutted right out and went right to Bane. He was a true gentleman and they mated. I’m wondering if all the babies will have Bane and Hunter in them or if some babies will be Bane’s and some Hunter’s???
@kinyonga do you know the answer?

The best laid plans....

Some will likely be Bane's and some will likely be Hunter's.
I'm reasonably certain that genes from both males can't end up in the same egg....unless there's something we don't know about chameleons! 🤔

Just found this...
"several animals such as birds, reptiles, and most urodele amphibians exhibit physiological polyspermy, in which the entry of several sperm into one egg is permitted. However, in these polyspermic eggs, only one sperm nucleus is involved in zygotic formation with a female nucleus, thereby avoiding syngamy with multiple sperm nuclei"..
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28980232/

Last edited:
Oh gosh.. I’d love one of your veiled babies, @jannb. I’ll have to talk with fiancé and see what he thinks. If we can’t swing it, I have a free sanitized 2 x 2 x 4 Reptibreeze with a drain tray available in central CA If anyone is interested!

Back
Top Bottom