Anyone in HONG KONG?

Jbh333

Hi!
I live in Hong Kong and have had my little pal for a couple months. He's awesome. I have 2 questions about food.
First - I can only find crickets and mealworms in hk. Does anyone live in Hong Kong, if so where can I find horn worms and flies an other good things for him? Is there a website I can order from?
Shipping insects sounds insane, but...

Next question is.. Can supplements be mixed in with the oatmeal in the cricket enclose when they're gutloading or is this a hard no?

Any feedback would be awesome! Thanks

There are 2 other members listed in Hong Kong. Go to the member page and click on the user map. Click on the tree symbol for your city and it will list their names. You can message them.

Oatmeal!is not a great gutload. I would use greens such as dandelions, kale, endive, escarole, collards, and veggies such as carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red peppers, sweet potato, etc and a BIT of fruit such as berries, melon, apples, pears, etc.

You could dust them with calcium but too much supplementing can kill the insects from what I've heard.

Oatmeal!is not a great gutload. I would use greens such as dandelions, kale, endive, escarole, collards, and veggies such as carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red peppers, sweet potato, etc and a BIT of fruit such as berries, melon, apples, pears, etc.

You could dust them with calcium but too much supplementing can kill the insects from what I've heard.
I leave different fruits and vegetables each day, only put oatmeal on bottom of their box (without it the bottom of box gets slimy and moist) should I remove?

I was told by an entomologist that oatmeal was not good for a gutload. It's up to you whether you use it or not. I cnat decide for you.

Back
Top Bottom