Anyone have similar experience with FlChams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve bought quite a few different chameleons from Mile and was very pleased.

I understand it can be quite disappointing that your chameleon is not showing characteristics that you wanted (which is why you’d buy a specific bloodline), but the genetics going into this can explain a lot.

Something not been touched on- they are advertised of being from that bloodline, not that that specific male is the sire. So, this could be multiple generations from Jethro which explains why your chameleon isn’t showing as many of his traits that you’d like

So it turns out that Mike and FlChams is a scam. If what you're saying is true, then Mike is running a bogus business. I am really upset about this and feel that Mike needs to be held accountable. On his impressive website he talks all about "working with chameleons" for years to get the best color, blah blah blah, and it turns out it's all a lie???? How can this guy stay in business, and are we the only ones who have been scammed in this way? About 6 months after I purchased the veiled cham from the "Jethro" bloodline (about 10 months old) I called MIke (he actually picked up) and asked him when my cham would start showing its Jethro coloring (or something even remotely similar). He told me that it would take a year to a year and a half. From what you're telling me now, it was a blatant lie.

His website is still selling "premium veileds" and a large variety of chams (nearly all "out of stock). I don't know about you, but I am pissed off about this clear case of fraud. Mike should not be in business. What are your thoughts about this? I don't know what to do, but I'd like to do something. He should not be allowed to continue defrauding people.

FlChams is based in Florida, the nation's capital of fraudulent businesses, so I shouldn't be too surprised.
Perhaps with numerous complaints and a little more investigation they should be under consideration to be dropped as a sponsor on the forum. 😢

Perhaps with numerous complaints and a little more investigation they should be under consideration to be dropped as a sponsor on the forum. 😢
If further investigations showed to be true I would agree. He could defiantly be more honest in his advertising, and there is no reason not to. There is no guarantee of color and looks so just say so. If it is what it is it will balance.

Imma get bashed for this one!!!! 💆🏾ok my experience with Flchams was totally different. I called- he answered. I ordered , it got shipped. My baby just went to vet today- he is doing well and healthy. I am not as experienced as most here but my baby has normal chameleon timid ness . Also, for feeding or when I'm around cage he's not showing any color stress changes nor is he hiding. I would not blame flchams for size or coloring unless it was a totally different line than expected (nosy vs amb.). I believe that's determined by proper husbandry on the owner. I also text Mike with a question...yes it took 24 hrs ... but I understand people do have lives ,too. I'm not saying anyone's experience is untrue . Nor I can't dis credit anyone's situation because I was not there. I can only say I had a good experience and I have a healthy Chameleon. I do look up to everyone here on the forum for help and will continue to take all advice... I just only had a good experience dealing with them is all I'm saying. 🤝

I got my chameleon from FL chams because they're a forum sponsor and I wanted to support a business in my state. My chameleon is healthy now but he did have coccidia, which my vet thought was probably from his the with the breeder given his age.

I didn't need or pursue customer service. However, I do wish I had spent more time on the forums and actually done more research on their breeding practices. I would've gone with a different company had I known what I know now.

I got my chameleon from FL chams because they're a forum sponsor and I wanted to support a business in my state. My chameleon is healthy now but he did have coccidia, which my vet thought was probably from his the with the breeder given his age.

I didn't need or pursue customer service. However, I do wish I had spent more time on the forums and actually done more research on their breeding practices. I would've gone with a different company had I known what I know now.
I got my baby from Flchams and he had coccidia too!🤯

I got my baby from Flchams and he had coccidia too!🤯

Yeah quite a few of us have had that issue! Think of how many people who get chams from them who don't have good vets and don't do fecal tests.

Do any other forum sponsors have a bad track record? Feels unfortunate that FL chams is on there, makes me distrust the rest of the sponsors.

Yeah quite a few of us have had that issue! Think of how many people who get chams from them who don't have good vets and don't do fecal tests.

Do any other forum sponsors have a bad track record? Feels unfortunate that FL chams is on there, makes me distrust the rest of the sponsors.
Yes, very sad. I've only dealt with Flchams so I can speak for the others. 🙁

Imma get bashed for this one!!!! 💆🏾ok my experience with Flchams was totally different. I called- he answered. I ordered , it got shipped. My baby just went to vet today- he is doing well and healthy. I am not as experienced as most here but my baby has normal chameleon timid ness . Also, for feeding or when I'm around cage he's not showing any color stress changes nor is he hiding. I would not blame flchams for size or coloring unless it was a totally different line than expected (nosy vs amb.). I believe that's determined by proper husbandry on the owner. I also text Mike with a question...yes it took 24 hrs ... but I understand people do have lives ,too. I'm not saying anyone's experience is untrue . Nor I can't dis credit anyone's situation because I was not there. I can only say I had a good experience and I have a healthy Chameleon. I do look up to everyone here on the forum for help and will continue to take all advice... I just only had a good experience dealing with them is all I'm saying. 🤝
I don't think anyone's going to bash you for that (at least I would hope not!) And I think we're all glad that your experience was a positive one, and there are indubitably many more—businesses don't grow & thrive on customer dissatisfaction.

But businesses have life stories somewhat like people do—good experiences and bad, mistakes, decisions, and unforeseen occurrences. We have to look at the whole picture (archives, google, BBB, etc.) and each of us decide for ourselves.

Please contact me privately if you have an ongoing issue with one of our sponsors. We will gather your information and investigate your claims. I will reach out to @Gideonk personally.

It's been many years but Chameleon Forums has removed sponsors in the past because of complaints made by members of the community. However, we also have a long standing policy against using the public forums to deliberate these matters. For that reason this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom