Anyone have a pond?

I haven’t even gotten far enough yet to know what a clay pond would be lol. I am familiar with the liner set up though(from reading). Which do you recommend?
For larger, more natural ponds—where epdm would be too expensive/not practical—montmorilite clay powder is applied to the excavated area. Once water is added, the clay forms a watertight barrier. It’s a favourite practice of cattle farmers for watering dug-outs.

Ahh thank you, I’ll of course be researching it before I commit to anything.

So I could use some thoughts on something… is it reasonable to build a naturally filtered pond(I’d like to get away with just a pump for aeration or whatever) under trees/on the edge of the woods? That’s about the only place I’d have unless I did one right in the middle of our yard which my wife wouldn’t like. I think it’d be kind of cool to have a shady pond under some trees, but I see mixed reviews of all the leaves that would fall in it among other debris. Plus, lack of sunlight for aquatic plants… I am thinking of getting a huge maple tree cut down so that would open it up for some sun through part of the day at least. It would also stop the majority seed pods that rain all over our house/driveway/yard all summer.

As lo g as you get alittle sun for some plants if fine. For the leafs just use deer netting to catch at that time of year. Then remove once they done falling. That what I do so I can leave pumps running all year. It makes ice bridges and stuff looks really cool at winter

As lo g as you get alittle sun for some plants if fine. For the leafs just use deer netting to catch at that time of year. Then remove once they done falling. That what I do so I can leave pumps running all year. It makes ice bridges and stuff looks really cool at winter
I was considering the netting, but if I’m doing ducks, the net wouldn’t work very well 😕. I’ve even considered making a huge enclosure that would be a pond/coop/shelter all in one…. Kind of like my garden here, but a bit bigger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom