Anyone gutload superworms with Reprashy Bug Burger?

Fastedmclintock

I use this amazing product for my crickets and roaches, but i was wondering if anyone has used this for their superworms?

Thanks!

i use it for my flies....its incredible! i dont even need to worry too much about calcium because its supplemented with it. love that stuff!

I saw that on Pangea today. Was curious to see what it was.

I know many people on here use a product called Cricket Crack.

Yea this stuff is a life saver! makes gutloading sooo easy! I dont see why the superworms wouldnt eat it, im gonna try it tomorrow

dont be comfortable with using large amounts or constant use of repashy. it has prEformed vitamin A & D, which is not good for organs and bones if taken more then needed.

i've used the repashy (powder form) in my dry gutload times before, but in small amounts. about a 1/4 cup in the whole batch. my ex has also fed the mix to her chameleons from spoons, but again as a treat. repashy should be an added bonus if used, once a while. it doesnt really have an overal benefit to chameleons though.

and also too. that repashy ICB all in one suppliment, i think is effing with my animals. kiwi's breathing was acting a tad up today, nothing drastic though, and my leopard gecko has lost a bit of an appetite. i think im going to stop using it. unless i should give it a little time and dust only a couple times a week with it instead of every feeding as it states, and as ive read from here

you mean. the Repashy calcium plus?
Kammers suggested and recommended to use it.
have you really seen some changes ( towards the bad) in your reptiles / chams?
I've been using it on my 2 month old, everyday as it states.

dont be comfortable with using large amounts or constant use of repashy. it has prEformed vitamin A & D, which is not good for organs and bones if taken more then needed.

i've used the repashy (powder form) in my dry gutload times before, but in small amounts. about a 1/4 cup in the whole batch. my ex has also fed the mix to her chameleons from spoons, but again as a treat. repashy should be an added bonus if used, once a while. it doesnt really have an overal benefit to chameleons though.
Could an insect eat enough preformed vitamin A before being eaten to cause any significant change?

Repashy does their stuff well and I highly doubt they'd be using high amounts of anything that could be bad.

it doesnt really have an overal benefit to chameleons though.

and also too. that repashy ICB all in one suppliment, i think is effing with my animals. kiwi's breathing was acting a tad up today, nothing drastic though, and my leopard gecko has lost a bit of an appetite. i think im going to stop using it. unless i should give it a little time and dust only a couple times a week with it instead of every feeding as it states, and as ive read from here

I don't really know how to respond to this..... can you be more specific?

I have used some of the Bug Burger over the past 3 days with my supers and they have been chowing down on it. I think they also need a good nutritious bedding but the Burger sure would be a good way to add moisture.

I don't really know how to respond to this..... can you be more specific?

i actually have a question

is the calcium plus only good for just panther chameleons or other species of chameleons as well

the kammers may endorse your product but they only say for "panther chameleons" technically

as you may know that montane chameleon species are proned to be easily over supplemented and wondered if anyone with other chameleons can use this among other reptiles

hope my question makes sense and isnt too vague

I agree with Clark and Sandra in that with mealworms, a good nutritious bedding such as Sandra's great recipe is your best primary concern for mealworms.

I did not design the Bug Burger with mealworms in mind, but have been getting a lot of positive feedback from people who have been using it as a replacement in the bedding for the typical potato or carrot that is used to provide moisture. They seem to swarm on it pretty good.

i actually have a question

is the calcium plus only good for just panther chameleons or other species of chameleons as well

the kammers may endorse your product but they only say for "panther chameleons" technically

as you may know that montane chameleon species are proned to be easily over supplemented and wondered if anyone with other chameleons can use this among other reptiles

hope my question makes sense and isnt too vague

Don't want to get bashed for getting off topic again but to answer your question.....

The Kammers only tested the Calcium Plus using Panther Chameleons, and their endorsement is only based on their experience.

If indeed the Montane species are more sensitive to supplementation, then a reduced regiment would need to be figured out. I have no doubt that even if this was the case, it would still work equally well as the exclusive supplement..... The adjustments needed would only need to be for example, to dust at every other feeding, or dust two times and then no dust one time...... reducing total supplementation.

Only feedback from those who are using it with such species will give us the answers and I look forward to long term reports on use with such species.

I also would like for you to be more specific. I just ordered the calcium plus. There was another thread about the calcium plus and everyone else seemed to have great success with it.

yea. i know i started using it because the kammers started endorsing it and suggested i use it because they had great success.

How exactly have you determined that it was the Repashy ICB that is causing your chameleon's condition? I think its time for you to start a new thread to evaluate your husbandry because I doubt you really have any reason to suggest it was the Repashy ICB.

repashy should be an added bonus if used, once a while. it doesnt really have an overal benefit to chameleons though.

Many things which are vital to survival are dangerous in excess. Consuming too much water can cause water poisoning, too much humidity can cause fungal infections, too much UV radiation can cause burns, too much protein can cause gout, etc. These same things are also dangerous if too little is provided. Vitamins A and D are both necessary vitamins to survival and providing them in their different forms at appropriate levels is beneficial.

Both vitamins A and D are fat soluble vitamins, which are stored for longer periods and are thus considered a greater toxicity threat than water soluble vitamins. That does not, however, mean that they aren't beneficial and even vital in proper quantities. We should absolutely be aware of the risks of hypervitaminosis but there seems to be a truly unfortunate level of fear mongering surrounding the use of these nutrients that is perpetrated on these forums. It blows me away that despite some of the most experienced and knowledgeable animal nutrition researchers, vets, keepers, breeders, and food producers pointing out the value of preformed vitamin A that there is so much insistence by individuals here that it is not necessary and should therefore be avoided.

For those individuals who insist that preformed vitamin A is not necessary and should be avoided because their animals have always done well without it and because they have successfully produced and raised offspring from animals without the use of preformed vitamin A, I have a couple questions. How many generations of captive bred animals have you personally produced without the introduction of wild blood (and thus, nutrition)? Since you seem to know that that a lack preformed vitamin A does not play into the cause of the general failure of chameleon keepers and breeders to maintain chameleon bloodlines past a handful of generations without the introduction of wild blood, please be so kind as to inform everyone what exactly is the cause?

Until our multigenerational captive breeding records improve, I think its foolish for people to suggest that careful utilization of nutrients, which are known to have benefits at appropriate levels, should be avoided because a handful of pet animals survived fine and a couple odd clutches were produced and raised without it. The importance of Vitamins A and D to homeostasis of numerous physiological processes are well known and this knowledge combined with findings from research that indicates that chameleons may not be able to fully utilize beta-carotene should leave the importance of careful use of preformed vitamin A as a given. Maternal effects of nutrient and hormone levels should also make us realize that deficiencies can have multigenerational impacts.

Chris

How do you associate kiwi's breathing with rapashy ICB??
How did you monitor Kiwi's breathing??

Back
Top Bottom