Anyone gone solar?

SourGrape4u

Avid Member
So i know it is good for the earth, which is good for chams and all wildlife, but lets be honest i want to save money. Has anyone gone solar and if so was it or was it not worth it?

If you have not gone solar try not to say any bullcrap that isnt true bad or good. I want opinions from people that have or actual facts if you havent as to why not.

My house has solar panels that make up for 96% of my energy use on average. In the winter or on cloudy days it’s less but on sunny days it’s over 100%. But in Colorado there is a rule that solar cannot be 100% or more on average because of energy company lobbying. I like them and it was easy to set up. The company I used didn’t make me pay anything up front, my monthly payments are based on electric use and are less than the electric company used to charge. So I think it’s a win win situation,

My friend's dad had sold a house that used solar panels. It is originally pretty expensive, but he got a deal. When he got it ready to set up, it took a long time to get it ready. He said that it does save a lot more money on electrical bills after it is set up, but it can use up a lot of money to build and set it up.

Thank you, am on the fence but i can get them for $120 a month and they should produce enough to cover a $180-220 electric bill.

Back
Top Bottom