Anyone currently using the jungle dawn led spot light?

dshuld

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hoping someone may be using it and willing to check temps below it at 5 inches and 10 inches.

I have one. Will check tomorrow as it is currently off for night time. :)
My lil man likes to bask under them but I feel like they don't give off too much heat.

Awesome, thank you!!! The ones in my collection that have been exposed to the pool bulbs have been the same way. They do put out a fair amount of heat though it's manageable with height adjustments.

The heat from these is dispursed through the aluminium heat sink on the top, so placing above the screen won't cause any heat issues within your enclosure. They do get pretty warm though so don't pick it up!

The heat from these is dispursed through the aluminium heat sink on the top, so placing above the screen won't cause any heat issues within your enclosure. They do get pretty warm though so don't pick it up!

I have zero intentions of even buying one lol. I just looking for those two temperature readings. One member a while back said the jd fan blows the air up. The $29 equivalent to it blows the air down instead. I have a project on my to do list using citizen cobs but would like the temps I asked about for comparison before moving on.

Ok so I ended up testing the bulb outside of the cage using a clamp lamp and a temp gun and it gives off more heat than I thought.
Original surface temp: 63.68f
5 inch: 70.7f
10 inch: 66.74f

His heat lamp is set to turn off soon and I'll test it in the cage before he falls asleep to see how much the screen affects it. Though the height wont be exact due to branches being in the way and so forth.

ok not sure if this data is of much use as the cage hasn't really cooled down much since his heat bulb went out. He was looking pretty unsettled however, so I didn't want to bother him for much longer.
Branch opposite side of cage at 5inch: 72.14 (measured after other readings)
5 inch: 80.6
10inch(ish): 74.48

so yeah, I've tried to be accurate but take these two data sets with a pinch of salt as I'm definitely no scientist. I'm glad I tried this though as it was eye opening. Jungle dawn + heat lamp + UVB bulb must = a pretty hot top of the cage. Time to be keeping an close eye on more than just his main basking spot.

Ok so I ended up testing the bulb outside of the cage using a clamp lamp and a temp gun and it gives off more heat than I thought.
Original surface temp: 63.68f
5 inch: 70.7f
10 inch: 66.74f

His heat lamp is set to turn off soon and I'll test it in the cage before he falls asleep to see how much the screen affects it. Though the height wont be exact due to branches being in the way and so forth.

ok not sure if this data is of much use as the cage hasn't really cooled down much since his heat bulb went out. He was looking pretty unsettled however, so I didn't want to bother him for much longer.
Branch opposite side of cage at 5inch: 72.14 (measured after other readings)
5 inch: 80.6
10inch(ish): 74.48

so yeah, I've tried to be accurate but take these two data sets with a pinch of salt as I'm definitely no scientist. I'm glad I tried this though as it was eye opening. Jungle dawn + heat lamp + UVB bulb must = a pretty hot top of the cage. Time to be keeping an close eye on more than just his main basking spot.

Awesome, thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom