Any tips?

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
OKay so I have another thread on lizard lounge, but im starting a new thread because for some reason I cannot post on my old one, everytime click on the post button it takes me to different page. But, not the point.

I already got help on almost everything I needed to know with my new guy, but does anyone have any tips on encouraging a new baby/young Juvi veiled to eat? (he's 3-4 months) Ive had him for a few days and I know its normal for them to be terrified of you and gloomy for a week or two, and for them to refuse food for that time period, but he's pretty small and I kind of want him to poop so I can see what it looks like. No eating= no pooping, so. And also, he could have pooped somewhere in his cage, but im afraid to look and then ruin chances of bonding by frightening him. Everytime he sees me, he nearly jumps out of his skin. (he only sees me when I mist and feed as I put a thin blanket over his cage) Any tips? He doesn't really look skinny, though. Am I worrying about nothing? (I tend to do that)

Small crickets. I offer if 15 per day, ad will start adding as much as he will eat once he starts eating as I don't want to waste them.

I would take picture of him but he's got a thin blanket over his cage so he can't see me.

I don't have a problem with them showing a bit of rib. Look at his casque and tail base to judge his weight. Casque can be flat but not sunken and tail shouldn't show much of the tendons but be smooth.

I only have cricket super and hornworms on hand currently (the hornworms are now to big, unfortunately) but my options for stuff to order is silkworms, more hornworms and black soldier fly larvae. would order some baby dubious but they are banned where I live and my mom would have a heart attack.

He didn't go for the super worms? Those are my go to for breaking hunger strikes. BSFL are good for most of mine the flies are always a hit.

his arms look prey good, his casque is small still since he's young, and doesn't look too sunken to me? ill post the picture of when I put him in his cage for the first time. he grey all the time though now, so imagine he's grayish brown instead of green in these photos.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.04.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.04.08 PM.png
    527.3 KB · Views: 64
And I haven't tried the supers, I thought they would be too big. I don't want him getting impacted.

whenever he sees anyone, he rushes deep into the foliage. I put a blanket over his cage in hopes he would calm down, right when I got him.

I put 2 small super in his feeding cup. he's currently eyeing them cautiously while hiding from me, poking his head out. that's a first(that he exposed any part of himself while im in the area) ill leave to see if he eats them, and put the blanket back. And also, should I remove the blanket after a while? And if I do, should I hang around and just not look at him, so he at least doesn't see me as a threat?

Give him time. You just put a strange object in his cage. Leave them overnight. If he still doesn't eat something then I would have concerns.
Eventually you should pull the cover off and get him used to you but let's get him eating first.

Ive had him for 3 days. I don't know when he last ate or anything. do the pictures I sent rise any concerns? like, the fatness of his tail and casque?

and all the feeders ive given him have been in a cup. I cup-feed, and sometimes let a few roam.

Back
Top Bottom