Any tips on syringe feeding

Tera_R

Established Member
Fig is currently being fed by syringe but I’m having trouble with it as he is so stubborn he doesn’t get angry at me or anything he just won’t open his lil mouth and today I accidentally got it on his face so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Did you change the UVB light to the one recommended?

What specific supplements do you use and how heavily and how often? Please post photos of them so we can see them.

Did you change the UVB light to the one recommended?

What specific supplements do you use and how heavily and how often? Please post photos of them so we can see them.
yes his uvb is correct now and I haven’t had a chance to use suppliments as he hasn’t been eating solids I have just been feeding him with the syringe the more active he becomes I will try to switch over to live bugs like crickets/Dubai roaches and I have a calcium supplement with D3 is there another one I should buy?

If they are drinking, sometimes you can sneak a cricket in head first so the chameleon bites down on it with its teeth and eats it while its mouth is opening and shutting while its drinking. IMHO that's a better option than syringe feeding them.

If they are drinking, sometimes you can sneak a cricket in head first so the chameleon bites down on it with its teeth and eats it while its mouth is opening and shutting while its drinking. IMHO that's a better option than syringe feeding them.
Gotcha I’ll try that

I have a calcium supplement with D3 is there another one I should buy?
This should not be the only supplement... This one in fact should only be used 2 times a month. Which one exactly are you using because if it is a multivitamin this will change my recommendations. If you could take a pic of the label or include a link to the product you have please.

This should not be the only supplement... This one in fact should only be used 2 times a month. Which one exactly are you using because if it is a multivitamin this will change my recommendations. If you could take a pic of the label or include a link to the product you have please.
Good catch @Beman ...I missed mentioning that!

I’m not home at the moment and I Cannot remember off the top of my head so I will do that asap

I’m not home at the moment and I Cannot remember off the top of my head so I will do that asap
84515F7D-DCBD-4289-942B-0DFF47968607.jpeg

So I only use the one with d3 twice a month and I use the flukers one everyday and I occasionally will give a wax worm with bee pollen on it and I also have been using the bee pollen to feed my crickets

Attachments

• 37B62584-0D98-4385-ACE6-E7B3FD8DE4E8.jpeg
    37B62584-0D98-4385-ACE6-E7B3FD8DE4E8.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 42
View attachment 327277
So I only use the one with d3 twice a month and I use the flukers one everyday and I occasionally will give a wax worm with bee pollen on it and I also have been using the bee pollen to feed my crickets
Yes, so the reptivite with D3 would be used 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then the flukers would be used at all other feedings as long as it is the Phosphorus free calcium without D3 version.

bee pollen is fine to add into your gutload but are you only using that to feed your insects?

Yes, so the reptivite with D3 would be used 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then the flukers would be used at all other feedings as long as it is the Phosphorus free calcium without D3 version.

bee pollen is fine to add into your gutload but are you only using that to feed your insects?
Yes I’m assuming I should switch back to the butternut squash

Yes I’m assuming I should switch back to the butternut squash
You need a variety in the gutload you use... Take a look at the gutload sheet. If you do not go with a variety of fresh items then you can use something like repashy bug burger and mix according to the directions.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Back
Top Bottom