Any thoughts about what could be causing Ms. Crowley’s eye bags?

Sleestakfan

Hello!
We rescued a young (I’m guessing 6 m.o) female veiled that was surrendered to our local Petco last week. She’s fiesty, ravenous and seems to look pretty healthy aside from these weird bags in the corners of both of her eyes. Any ideas out there about what could be causing them?
Her urates look nice and white FWIW
Our herp vet can’t see her for a month so I’m just anxious to see if there is something we can do to help her in the interim.

Attachments

• 71E70481-E34A-49BF-859D-F5812FF4A261.jpeg
    71E70481-E34A-49BF-859D-F5812FF4A261.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2DCE51A6-84D1-4A45-8A80-C3D530EC0A6B.jpeg
    2DCE51A6-84D1-4A45-8A80-C3D530EC0A6B.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 37
I agree with @kinyonga about a good cham vet.

Note that you can see these with improper supplementation and infections. I am assuming she came to you with the eyes like this? What supplements do you have her on now and is your uvb lighting on point?

Yes, she came to us almost a week ago like this.
Have been dusting her dubias (gutloaded) with Repashy calcium w/o D, she’s also getting hornworms, silkworms and BSFL.
Her UV is 2-3 according to the SolarMeter.
She’s got an appointment booked at the end of August (nothing sooner available) with our herp vet but just wanted to ask around here to see if anyone had seen these bags before in their chams.

Yes, she came to us almost a week ago like this.
Have been dusting her dubias (gutloaded) with Repashy calcium w/o D, she’s also getting hornworms, silkworms and BSFL.
Her UV is 2-3 according to the SolarMeter.
She’s got an appointment booked at the end of August (nothing sooner available) with our herp vet but just wanted to ask around here to see if anyone had seen these bags before in their chams.
So you are using the Repashy Supercal NoD?
Do you know by chance what they were giving her prior?

So you are using the Repashy Supercal NoD?
Do you know by chance what they were giving her prior?
Yep.
I have no idea what they were giving her before, no info was available about husbandry.
She will be getting blood work and fecal done when she sees the vet at end of the month so we can see if she has any deficiencies that need to be addressed.

Yep.
I have no idea what they were giving her before, no info was available about husbandry.
She will be getting blood work and fecal done when she sees the vet at end of the month so we can see if she has any deficiencies that need to be addressed.
So I have seen this with the eyes when a cham is getting far too much fat soluble vitamins. So that is possible if they were overdosing on D3 or A.
Then of course the other potential cause would be sinus infection that is causing issues with the eye turrets. Sounds like you have a great vet that will be able to help you find the cause. :)

Back
Top Bottom