Any techies out there?

Peachypink

Chameleon Enthusiast
So, since I KNOW there are some smart people on here......

Do any of you know how to unlock an iPhone? I have a 6 that I am trying to sell(and I NEED to sell it because that is how I am paying for my Large Atrium.....well, that and the money I have already saved) but it is with Verizon and I have a few that would buy it if it could be used with another carrier.

I may be wrong but it shouldn't be locked to a carrier, if it has a SIM card you should be able to use any carrier. If you want to jailbreak it that's easy but it depends on the phone model.

So, since I KNOW there are some smart people on here......

Do any of you know how to unlock an iPhone? I have a 6 that I am trying to sell(and I NEED to sell it because that is how I am paying for my Large Atrium.....well, that and the money I have already saved) but it is with Verizon and I have a few that would buy it if it could be used with another carrier.
Pretty sure the phone store could do it. I have heard they could.

Pretty sure the phone store could do it. I have heard they could.
According to Verizon, they do not lock most of their phones. To quote them directly:

"We do not lock our 4G LTE devices and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier."

That means that any iPhone 5 or higher that was bought with Verizon should already be unlocked. Even if you have an older iPhone, like a 4S, Verizon says they do not lock any of those iPhones either, since the only 3G devices they do lock are non-iPhones.

Surprisingly, this makes Verizon is the easiest carrier with the loosest restrictions when it comes to unlocking your phone.

According to Verizon, they do not lock most of their phones. To quote them directly:

"We do not lock our 4G LTE devices and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier."

That means that any iPhone 5 or higher that was bought with Verizon should already be unlocked. Even if you have an older iPhone, like a 4S, Verizon says they do not lock any of those iPhones either, since the only 3G devices they do lock are non-iPhones.

Surprisingly, this makes Verizon is the easiest carrier with the loosest restrictions when it comes to unlocking your phone.
Interesting.....I wonder how I would test that before I sent it to someone?

Maybe go to Verizon store and ask if it unlocked . Or ask them to unlock it if it is paid for. Otherwise if you know someone with an iPhone 6 on a different network that lives by you, swap SIM cards for a minute and test the Verizon theory :)

I am a long time jailbreaker and have unlocked many iPhones. If your contract is up, just call Verizon and they will unlock it free. It will require you to use iTunes [do a 'Restore'].
I have found the best place to sell and get the most money was igotoffer.com, which I have used 3 times. I have gotten money transferred to my paypal account in less than 48 hours.
Your phone would be sent to you unlocked only if you paid full price at the time of purchase. The SIM has nothing to do with unlocking. Message me if you need more info.

Thanks, @WAMBO , I actually switched SIM cards with a friend on another network and it worked. We paid full price for it, it's that stupid Verizon edge program where they put $20 on you bill every month till it's paid off. I usually just go in and buy phones out right anymore, I don't like being owned.

If you paid full price then it should have been unlocked when you bought it, but I'm not sure about the EDGE program. The ATT NEXT program unlocked one that I paid full price, but not those on the NEXT program. In fact, they would NOT unlock one until it was fully paid off. If a different carrier's SIM card works in it, then that's proof that it is unlocked.
I still would sell to igotoffer.com because the last time I used them, 9 months ago, I brought the box to UPS with the free shipping label at 11AM, and my Paypal had the full amount transferred in to it by 3PM the next day.

Also, if you pay it or use the NEXT or EDGE program, you save about $180 over two years, vs a contract, because the overall cost of buying it full price + the lower months fee saves on average $180 for most services [usually a share over 6GB/month]. It's pretty well documented on the web, but easy math.

Cool, thanks for the info, @WAMBO. I actually have a friend who wants it and will pay more than I could get from one of those buy your phone sites. I only used it a few months before upgrading to the plus so it's like new and I keep my phones in mint condition. I obsess about their safety about as much as I do my Cham. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom