Any Monsoon RS400 users?

diegoted

A buddy gave me one of these units as I adopted his Panther. I hooked up the unit and read the online instructions. I set the unit to go off every hour for 60 seconds. The unit comes on as it should but will squirt maybe two times for 30 or 40 seconds. Is this how the unit works? I figured it would come on once per cycle and spray once per cycle. Also there seems to be a little pressure left in the tubes after each cycle so the nozzle will drip a drop for about 20 minutes after the cycle has completed? I am not sure if this is common as well. Any input is appreciated.

thx Ted

If you set the left dial should be 1-24 hours how ever many times you want it to go off I set it for every two hours and I have it spray for 35 -40 seconds (the right dial) you may see a few drips but shouldn't see a flow after it shuts off you may need to buy new sprayer heads like 15- not much but worth it if your having a problem I love mine :) hope that helps

Also have one, and despite all of the negative reviews about it, I've never experienced problems with mine. There should be a dial for duration of the misting session, and one for frequency. The duration should be one, continuous session without interruptions.

The nozzle does tend to drip a bit, but not to the point where the floor is flooding or getting soaking wet. If it's dropping a lot, like Dirty said, replace the nozzle. The rubber gasket at the tip of the nozzle gets loose and weaker as it ages and through continuous use.

Thanks guys, looks like it is working as intended. How big are your VV and how many heads do you have spraying. In my other thread I have a picture of the set up. I am only using one head spraying a fake plant at the top of each cage.

Diego

one more question, about how much water do misting use in a day? I think I went though a 1/2 gallon in two days? Does this sound about right?

thx Diego

I had mine set to go off every four hours for 120 seconds. The water in the reservoir lasted several days. However, I found the unit EXTREMELY unreliable. I purchased it last March and have had to have it replaced 3 times. I just now got an aquazamp and am very pleased with it thus far. It has a better spray pattern and both my boys who used to run from the Monsoon spray now run to hang out in the aquazamp spray!

I have had mine for some time and it has never let me down. Like they've said, left dial for how often, and right for duration. Mine is set for every two hours for 40 seconds. Works great. Cham didn't like it at first but doesn't mind it now.

Back
Top Bottom