Any info on Peacock chams?

camimom

I was browsing some of the sponsors to find feeders and went to LLLreptiles and saw they have peacock chameleons. Their does not appear to be any info on them, so I was wonderng if people had any info about them here?
Like how big they get?
how long do they typically live?
How to sex them?
How does their care differ from that of a veiled?

Thanks! I ask because I am interested in getting another chameleon, and while I originally wanted a translucent, maybe thinking about this one instead.

other then they come from Cameroon and probably live around the same areas and altitude of cristatus, sadly I don't.

Harry

Nice chams ! I considered those too but I had to consider they were WC & if I was willing to accept they would need at least an initial vet visit even if they seem healthy on the outside. I would love to see you have success with them; just choose wisely.....

i think tiki tiki has some for sale, get a hold of Chad to let oyu know the care for those awsome chams, they ar beautiful when cared properly. mst if not all are W/C but coming from Chad , i think you will get a good start

Peacock chameleons are not what I would consider a good starter montane chameleon species. They are typically WC and can be challenging to acclimate successfully. Their taxonomy has changed since this article was written but it will at least get anyone interested in them started: http://www.chameleonnews.com/05FebCoraggio.html

Chris

it woldnt really be a starter cham as I already have a male veieled. And i dont plan on getting any other hcmas for at least 6 months,. but thanks for the article!

it woldnt really be a starter cham as I already have a male veieled. And i dont plan on getting any other hcmas for at least 6 months,. but thanks for the article!

As I said, I don't consider them a starter montane chameleon species. The care of montane species is much more involved than that of a male veiled chameleon and in my experience with this species, they can be more challenging than many others and thus, not a good introduction to montane species.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom