Any idea on locale

Sadly ( though I can only speculate) poor care the owner traded him in for a different reptile. The only thing we trade in is cars not our pets aka our family

See if we are talking (derma) or some type of fungal skin infection or something that could be transmitted from skin cells like salmonella

Sorry for my stupidity @kinyonga but what has canv got to do with this cham ?

I believe she was saying to quarantine him because in the off chance he does have canv you don’t want it to spread to your female.

I think a fecal done and cleared before I would get him would be best

you need at least 2 or 3 clean fecal tests done a few weeks apart before it’s safe to put him near your other Cham. This would be better done not while he’s at a store out of your control.

I don't know what else to say....but if you're going to bring a chameleon home I would quarantine it in a dIfferent room for several months before putting it in the same room with your other ones an be careful with your hygiene when working with them.
Ok I thought you where mentioning cavn because someone said something about wild caught. But after a bit of reading this morning I understand. Thanks for your knowledge

What are the thoughts about breeding different locales together. My girl is supposed to be an ambilobe

I believe Nosy Mitsio too.
People get "upset" here mixing locales. Depending on your female genetics, you might get cool YBBB's

Are there any tests that can confirm or rule out cavn.
There is a test for CANV but the chameleon isn't showing any signs of it so IMHO there's no reason to do the test.....I was only bringing up the CANV, as I said before, to show you why it's important to quarantine them in a separate room when you get a new chameleon in your collection.

What are the thoughts about breeding different locales together. My girl is supposed to be an ambilobe
I don’t have much against mixing locales, especially those in geographically similar areas. (Correct me if I’m wrong) but they must occasionally interbreed in the wild, no?

27CCBF87-08AF-4B9D-931D-DD03EFB14610.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom