any hibiscus species okay? and indoor growing?

ksuvet

I was wondering if I can use any Hibiscus species for my inclosure. Also, has anyone here had any success growing Hibiscus indoors?

I was wondering if I can use any Hibiscus species for my inclosure. Also, has anyone here had any success growing Hibiscus indoors?

Any type should be good, they need a lot of light, get a grow light. Even with a grow light, they need to be rotated or placed near windows.

I have a Ficus Benjamina that I eventually took out of my male nosy bes cage. I just use as a house tree now. It is slightly toxic.. the sap that can come from a cut off leaf or branch can cause eye and skin irritations. I didn't have any problems with my little boy when it was with him but I didn't want to take any chances after I did more reading on them. For me, it's easier to care for vs the hibiscus but it really depends on your setup. Others will chime in with their experiences too.. I'm sure :)

i have had better luck with the hibiscus i bought from hiddenvalleyhiscus.com
check out the website and read the info, but they have been healthier than any i got at lowes or hd. ymmv

Back
Top Bottom