Any chameleon keepers in San Francisco?

gideonus

Hi, I'm new to chameleon keeping and actually have not yet taken the plunge, altho I've always been totally fascinated with these critters. I'm doing lots of research and would love to visit and talk to other keepers who live in or around San Francisco before I actually purchase. I plan to get a male veiled chameleon soon and would invite posts from anyone in my area.

Gideon

its rough to get a cham from a shop around here...even at the east bay vivarium they house chams together and last time i was there i saw a panther with a prolapse that was completely dry and neglected. id recommend the guys on here for a purchase. theyre all great and stand up individuals!

Yes. I agree about East Bay Vivarium. I went there last week and was disappointed with how they were keeping their chams. They all looked depressed and stressed. In fact, the whole place didn't reflect a great love of the hobby.

East Bay Cham keeper?

I'd love to talk and perhaps see your setup. Where in the East Bay are you. I'm in SF.

Gideon

Im in the bay area, about an hour or so away from San Fran though. I tried the EBV too but they never had what I was looking for, they said they would put me on a waiting list but I never heard back from them. I havent had much luck finding any places around here that sell them, luckily though thier seems to be a wide choice of exotic vets. Best bet is to order a cham from a repituble breeder, maybe a site sponser for starters. They really keep thier chams in the best environments. Or if you dont want one shipped to you, you can always wait for a reptile show in the area, thats a good place to pick one up too.

Back
Top Bottom