Any advice on feeding my young guy horn worms?

CherylandRango

Hi Everyone, I'm still new owner and have had Rango for a little over a week. Yesterday he had his first shed, or at least his first shed with me. I was told he was 4 months old. Question to everyone, would it be ok to feed him hornworms? And if so, how many would you recommend? His diet right now is mainly crickets (which I gut load), at least 15 a day if not more and a couple of days ago as a treat I gave him a butter worm which he loves. But was wondering if hornworms would be good for him at this age? Any advice would be great! And do I need to do anything to the hornworms like remove things on it to make it safer for him to eat? Any advice would be great! thanks

Hi Everyone, I'm still new owner and have had Rango for a little over a week. Yesterday he had his first shed, or at least his first shed with me. I was told he was 4 months old. Question to everyone, would it be ok to feed him hornworms? And if so, how many would you recommend? His diet right now is mainly crickets (which I gut load), at least 15 a day if not more and a couple of days ago as a treat I gave him a butter worm which he loves. But was wondering if hornworms would be good for him at this age? Any advice would be great! And do I need to do anything to the hornworms like remove things on it to make it safer for him to eat? Any advice would be great! thanks
So with horns don't feed huge ones.. Their mandibles deliver a nasty bite the bigger they get. Also you want to only hand feed these. They suction themselves to branches and when a cham goes to grab it they can hurt their tongues because the horn hangs on while they are trying to retract it. Feed 1 or 2 a day at this age with the amount of other feeders your giving should be fine. Horns do grow very very fast FYI.
Careful with butterworms they have been known to cause allergic reactions in chams. Here is the feeder sheet for you.

chameleon-food(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom