Ants

Well on the positive side they aren't a threat to healthy chams, on the downside your not getting rid of them anytime soon. And given multiple queens work together they grow fast. And if they are in there in mass, then they are nesting, ants will move their colony if they find better locations

Scrap your cage, or keep it on the dry side, wipe around the cage with vinegar, and clean up un eaten food regularly. That's about all you can do, short of insecticides

Ya they dont eat bugs. They are odorous house ants, they eat the nectar from my plants they like sweet things :( so short of stripping the viv bare, I am about SOL :(. I cup feed, they are not eating dead feeders, they are feasting on the plants, thats where they always are, on the new growths of every plant in my Viv :(.

They drink that ant bait that James suggested in this thread, its sweet borax solution, supposed to kill the colony, it hasn't killed anything they guzzle it down though.

They dont seem to bother the cham one bit though, so I guess I have a little time. I will try to double down on baits, it appears these ones are bone dry eaten now. See if I can keep them in line for a bit. Not having the ability to easily move the viv, is making things 10x harder though. So this is just a kick in the butt, that I need to switch Vivs.

Which is fine, I planned on it. The hard part is finding someone that will ship large exos, in Bulk. I need 6-8 of them, after my reptile room is done, so might as well buy them all now I guess to ease the shipping cost. I am finding thats what you have to do with Large Exos, buy them by the Pallet.....

I want at least 4 for chams, Then I also need, 2-4 more for a Gecko Project, that I am starting, later this year, so might as well buy 8 of them and call it a day :p.

Last edited:
Sorry man, not much more I can say, other than be grateful that it's not a S. invicta invasion. I have had that happen, and that is a life threatening crisis for nearly any cage animal.

Ouch ya thats scary, thats when you release the Dart Frogs!

This is good all in all, because now I know, when I subdivide up the room to add a reptile room, to make sure there is no cracks/holes/ANYTHING in that room lololol.

Back
Top Bottom