Ants!!!!

ronstafari

Soi live in central Florida it rains nearly every mid afternoon. And now ants have decided they like my chameleon area. I have all like plants in the cages as well as outside the cages for free range. They aren't bothering the chameleons yet. But how do I end this problem before they take over. I know one solution would be fake plants but I love live plants. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Water. If you can deter them with some sort of moat. If the cage is set up on something with 4 legs then take four containers of water and set the legs in the water. I keep my superworms and crickets outside and I have a tray of water that I set the superworm container in and then the crickets on top of that. It is the only way I have found to out smart the ants! If I forget and the water dries up, sure enough they are invading my cricket container!

If the ants havent invaded the live plants yet, you can try putting the cages down into a moat type space.

ants wont cross water, so if you surround the cages with an unbroken circle of water, they wont get into the plants.

If they are in the plants, youll have to wash ALL the dirt off the plant roots, and re pot in totally new clean dirt.

Just use boric acid powder (must be fine powder) and lay strips of it around the baseboard and areas close to water.

The ants will be gone in a few days.

I have an ant problem every spring, and the boric acid works every time.

Ants would invade my cricket bin, so I put a thin strip of petroleum jelly all around the rim.
The ants cant cross it, and they give up after a while and disappear.

Water. If you can deter them with some sort of moat. If the cage is set up on something with 4 legs then take four containers of water and set the legs in the water. I keep my superworms and crickets outside and I have a tray of water that I set the superworm container in and then the crickets on top of that. It is the only way I have found to out smart the ants! If I forget and the water dries up, sure enough they are invading my cricket container!

I wish of thought of that for me feeders that's genius. And thanks.

Just use boric acid powder (must be fine powder) and lay strips of it around the baseboard and areas close to water.

The ants will be gone in a few days.

I have an ant problem every spring, and the boric acid works every time.

Well looks I'll be re potting plants. I'm sure there in the plants. And my drain tables are wooden. Thanks I'll start working on fixin this.

Back
Top Bottom