ants in with the crickets

John33871

well i just got home from work and i decide to feed lil jon a few crickets in with some phoenix worms, which he really loves by the way. i get the worms and put them in a cup and place them inside his cage. i go to the cricket cage and start getting some in a little sandwich bag and i see ants on the side of the tube. i got mad, i hate those damn ants. anyways i went ahead and put some Vaseline on the sides of the tube and now they cant get out or in. so i think im going to have to do a little cleaning. anyone else have this happen? if you did what i did, did it last or work long? anyways thanks

Last edited:
Back in malaysia, when we have food on the table or cabinet's we usually place 4 dish on each of the leg of the table/cabinet. The dish is filled with oil. This will drown the ants before they can get to the food on the table. So, I guess you could place 4 legs on you cricket enclosure and filled it with oil. I don't usually see ants around buffalo, NY..... this place snow like 6 months of the year... ants can't survive that long.

yea know what ive heard that vinegar ants cant stand. i think im going to give the a try. anyways i just looked at his food dish and he at all of the worms i had put in there and did not touch a cricket, lol. funny and that wasnt but 10 minutes ago

Ants hate chalk aswell.

If you draw a thick border of chalk around your feeder insects, they won't come in where there's chalk around something

:)

Ash

I dont think ants hate chalk...ants use pheromone to communicate ( leaves scent trail for others to follow, by using chalk and draw a think line on it, it disrupt the scent trail and thus causes the ants to run around searching for the scent.:D

I dont think ants hate chalk...ants use pheromone to communicate ( leaves scent trail for others to follow, by using chalk and draw a think line on it, it disrupt the scent trail and thus causes the ants to run around searching for the scent.:D

Sounds logical to me all I know is draw a circle around an ant and it will get dizzy :p

Back
Top Bottom