Antiparisitc

Sanababit

I have been having trouble with a 5 month nosy be, he only eats 1-2 superworms every day or two, i am leaning towards parasites because he used to have a great appetite, i have read about reptaid, and tempted to using it even tough i am not sure he has parasites, it says that reptaid is all natural and read many good stories and not too many bad ones about it, your toughts?

Sana

Have a fecal done to confirm it. You can atleast rule it out or in with a test from the vet. Next time he poops, collect it and then if you cannot get right over to your vet, then stick it on a wet paper towel in a baggie and stick it in the fridge. What else besides supers have your tried to feed him? Have you tried not giving him supers to see if he will try and eat something else?? I would not even start giving him Reptaid until you know what you are dealing with.

Have a fecal done to confirm it. You can atleast rule it out or in with a test from the vet. Next time he poops, collect it and then if you cannot get right over to your vet, then stick it on a wet paper towel in a baggie and stick it in the fridge. What else besides supers have your tried to feed him? Have you tried not giving him supers to see if he will try and eat something else?? I would not even start giving him Reptaid until you know what you are dealing with.

Hi, he did have a great appetite, first started with crickets, then stopped, went to mealworms, then stopped, went to supers, then stopped, maybe using this stuff will help since its natural

Sana

I can't comment on that one way or another. I don't know if it is used for a appetite booster. Maybe someone else can comment on that. Is he lethargic, eyes closed, runny poop? Those can all be signs of a parasite besides no appetite. I still would get the poop checked out (If he poops)and then you will know for sure what you are dealing with.

Reptaid isn't for parasites, i believe its a pro biotic. I beleive supposed to help with the immune system/digestive system. Ive used it in the passed, it's very safe so you could give it a shot. But, I definitely would do a fecal. Sometimes those chams can get picky, its always good to mix it up as much as possible with their food selection.

Scott

Well on my second day of using this stuff and my chameleon has not eaten anything, hope he eats something soon

Sana

Reptaid is like putting a band aid on a shot gun wound I would 100% get a fecal done. There have been allot of stories surfacing about people finding worms in the feeders panacur is 25 bucks for a tube usually that will do it although to fully treat you must do ten days on 20 off then ten on again this gets the adults and what ever eggs hatch down the road. After first week of panacur bleach the cage and accessories. But again fecal first so you know what your treating

Reptaid is like putting a band aid on a shot gun wound I would 100% get a fecal done. There have been allot of stories surfacing about people finding worms in the feeders panacur is 25 bucks for a tube usually that will do it although to fully treat you must do ten days on 20 off then ten on again this gets the adults and what ever eggs hatch down the road. After first week of panacur bleach the cage and accessories. But again fecal first so you know what your treating

Since he hasnt eaten anything, he hasnt poop for days, so i am stuck using this stuff for now

Sana

I agree with the others. You need to do a fecal or some sort of test to know it's parasites. It could also be a bacterial infection or something else (maybe even an impaction). Parasites require antiparasitcs. Bacterial infections require antibiotics and impaction might require surgery. While reptaid may help boost the immune system, it is not treating the underlying problem. Those types of things rarely go away on their own.

Also, while reptaid may be "natural" that does not mean it is harmless (I'm not saying it's harmful either. I really don't know much about it). There are many natural things in this world that can cause harm in certain amounts. I just don't think it's a good reason to use a particular product.

Lastly, as mentioned, this could be a superworm addiction problem. Chams have been known to stop eating anything but supers. I agree with taking him off supers for awhile.

I hope you are able to get to the root of the problem and get your little guy back in good health.

Back
Top Bottom