ant attack!

rocket89

those dam ants took over my cricket tank and killed all my crickets! is there a way to prevent them from invading my cricket tank?

A flamethrower would work.

Burn the ants, burn them all!

In all seriousness, you'll just need to find somewhere for the crickets away from ants :\ They're pesky little pests.

I've used a cat litter pan filled with water...set a couple of small bricks in it...your cricket bin on the bricks... and you now have a moat...

^^^ Erik is the winner.. i had an issue in hawaii where ants would get in to the cages and it was a pain..

so i would put each table leg in a dish of water
ants cannot cross the water to get to what ever.. it works great!

Can you feed ants to your cham? I wouldn't let the ants get to close to your cham, just in case they try to bite, but It might make a good treat for him.

if you wrap a strand of clear packing tape around the outside of the cage the ants should fall down as soon as they reach the tape. its too smooth for them to climb on.

Can you feed ants to your cham? I wouldn't let the ants get to close to your cham, just in case they try to bite, but It might make a good treat for him.
The ants that are the problem here are an Argentine invader...kinda small and they are hard to get rid of...not a good feeder of any kind

I've had ants come in and demolish feeder bins AND gecko collections. They are beasts to contend with, for sure.

eriksorg gave the most effective deterrent .. a moat of sorts.

Sprinkling tansy (an herb you can find at natural grocery stores, usually) around the enclosures and wherever they are coming in, MIGHT stop them. Also, there's a chalk you can get in most "china towns" that works sometimes. Wiping things down with soapy water ..it destroys their scent trails.. is useful, but doesn't move them out completely. I've also used the pre-made vegetable wash to spray them and wipe them up.. a good manual way to remove them.. but again, this doesn't completely rid them, in my experience.

I can give you 100 tips, as I've battled them every year in our current place, but none are FULL PROOF. You just have to stay on top of them and eventually, they find something or somewhere else.

If you don't have feeders or other pet inverts in your home, you may want to consider a professional exterminator.

Good Luck!

I usually spray where they are entering ( if you can find it) but not inside. They don't seem to like cooking oils or vasoline but you will need to reapply it to the area. Water works best. I've lost a baby tortoise to ants before and it sucked!

I usually spray where they are entering ( if you can find it) but not inside. They don't seem to like cooking oils or vasoline but you will need to reapply it to the area. Water works best. I've lost a baby tortoise to ants before and it sucked!

A herd of fire ants killed my baby turkey! :mad:

i had this same problem a couple weeks ago and since then i did what eriksorg made. this works wonders. :D

Back
Top Bottom