Another supplement thread

Arpretty

Avid Member
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new panther chameleon in the next month or two! It will be a male, approximately 4 months old. I will confirm age with the breeder once it comes time to talk about shipping. I’m trying to redo my supplements. Please let me know if there’s an issue :)

Current plan:
Dust with Repashy supercal NoD daily
Dust with bee pollen daily, ratio 3:1 (?) calcium and bee pollen
Dust with Repashy calcium plus LoD twice a month

UVB: Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 T5 HO
(plan to switch to Arcadia 6% at the 6 month bulb change-out)

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new panther chameleon in the next month or two! It will be a male, approximately 4 months old. I will confirm age with the breeder once it comes time to talk about shipping. I’m trying to redo my supplements. Please let me know if there’s an issue :)

Current plan:
Dust with Repashy supercal NoD daily
Dust with bee pollen daily, ratio 3:1 (?) calcium and bee pollen
Dust with Repashy calcium plus LoD twice a month

UVB: Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 T5 HO
(plan to switch to Arcadia 6% at the 6 month bulb change-out)
I would put the pollen into gutload... You can overdo it with pollen.
Otherwise looks good.

T5HO fixture single bulb with a 5.0 bulb would be about an 9 inch drop to basking for a 3 UVI level.

I would put the pollen into gutload... You can overdo it with pollen.
Otherwise looks good.

T5HO fixture single bulb with a 5.0 bulb would be about an 9 inch drop to basking for a 3 UVI level.
Great, thanks! I can definitely gutload with bee pollen... it’s pretty abundant in Delaware. Also thanks for the basking measurement. I was going to aim for 7 ish inches but I will gladly take your recommendation of 9. Maybe measure temps and angle the branch so it dips lower under the UVB?

Great, thanks! I can definitely gutload with bee pollen... it’s pretty abundant in Delaware. Also thanks for the basking measurement. I was going to aim for 7 ish inches but I will gladly take your recommendation of 9. Maybe measure temps and angle the branch so it dips lower under the UVB?
Or angle your heat to hit the branch. Yep you want 9 inches.. This will give the correct UVI level from branch up.

Wait are you lifting the T5ho off the top though?
I’ve been back and forth on that. I’ve considered raising it using wood blocks sized to the frame. I was hoping to buy a solarmeter to know for sure but I may not be able to afford one for a little while.

I’ve been back and forth on that. I’ve considered raising it using wood blocks sized to the frame. I was hoping to buy a solarmeter to know for sure but I may not be able to afford one for a little while.
Because if you are getting a baby they will more then likely screen climb to the top. If that is the situation you have to raise the fixture up off the screen 2 inches between the bottom of fixture and the screen. Then basking branch would be 7 inches below the screen.

Need to raise heat fixture up off the screen a few inches as well.

Because if you are getting a baby they will more then likely screen climb to the top. If that is the situation you have to raise the fixture up off the screen 2 inches between the bottom of fixture and the screen. Then basking branch would be 7 inches below the screen.

Need to raise heat fixture up off the screen a few inches as well.
Thank you!!! These are the exact aspects I’ve been stressing over. I do have a mounted hanging support for the heat fixture so that will be raised. Won’t be a problem at all to lift the UVB 2 inches.

Thank you!!! These are the exact aspects I’ve been stressing over. I do have a mounted hanging support for the heat fixture so that will be raised. Won’t be a problem at all to lift the UVB 2 inches.
Good that will be your best bet hun. With babies and screen cages the first thing they do is climb to the top lol.

Back
Top Bottom