Another snail questio

Sanababit

Where i live we have a lot of land snails, they crawl up the walls outside our house, i see a lot squished on the road, and i was thinking if they are a good for feeding my chameleon, i believe they dont use any insecticide or poison for them because they grow big, anyways, your toughts

Sana

Snails tend to carry parasites. Your best bet is to collect some and let them lay eggs. Then return the adults to the wild and put the eggs in a separate container with fresh dirt. You don't want the baby snails to hatch in the dirt that the wild adults pooped in.

Snails tend to carry parasites. Your best bet is to collect some and let them lay eggs. Then return the adults to the wild and put the eggs in a separate container with fresh dirt. You don't want the baby snails to hatch in the dirt that the wild adults pooped in.

Thanks, i just read your blog on breeding feeders, specially the one for snails, one more question, will my chameleons, which are phanters btw, will eat the snails including the shell?

Sana

If they like snails they will eat them shell and all. Some chameleons like snails and some don't even look at them. Of my 3 only one likes them. You want to feed them when they aren't too big and the shell is pretty fragile.

Back
Top Bottom