Another Noob Question-Wiring

DABRUTE

Ok I have my reptile vines! Now what do we use to hold them in place? Also what do we use to hang the plants in the enclosure? Some type of wire? Who has a close up of their vines or branches? I don't want the cham to climb on something and it falls. Where do I buy the supplies?

I use thumbtacks through the screen to support the vines and use a few trimmed zip ties where the vines cross one another.

I just posted a thread about this less than a week ago with the same issue.

One of the better responses I got was to take a wooden dowel and stick it from the bottom of the enclosure (or in the plant pot) up to the top and attach vines around that way with zipties and bread ties. What I'm in the process of doing is cutting a dowel down to fit in my enclosure as a horizontal perch up at the very top, then running vines down and around from there as well as on the stick I have coming up out of the pot for my pothos to grow on. Then maybe using thumbtacks through the screen on the sides to help stability, but allowing the ties to be the main source of stability.

I'd avoid using wire. I used wire to connect everything to the screen and within 2 months it all rusted and could basically pulled apart. I did a deep clean yesterday and removed all of the old wire and instead used fishing line which is perfect. Fishing line is waterproof, can hold a ton of weight, and you can barely see it. Because I have branches of wood in my cage I just draped the vines around the wood and made a highway system. But there were times where I wanted the vine in a specific spot so I would place the vine where I wanted it and string the fishing line around it and then have someone else knot it from the outside of the cage.
But if you're not going to use wooden branches I would use the dowel rod method.

I have a cage that I made out of wooden 2 x 2's . I have plastic coated hooks screwed into the frame that I can move around whenever I want. They work awesome and are very sturdy. If you're thinking about getting another cage in the future, I would make one out of wood.

I'd avoid using wire. I used wire to connect everything to the screen and within 2 months it all rusted and could basically pulled apart. I did a deep clean yesterday and removed all of the old wire and instead used fishing line which is perfect. Fishing line is waterproof, can hold a ton of weight, and you can barely see it. Because I have branches of wood in my cage I just draped the vines around the wood and made a highway system. But there were times where I wanted the vine in a specific spot so I would place the vine where I wanted it and string the fishing line around it and then have someone else knot it from the outside of the cage.
But if you're not going to use wooden branches I would use the dowel rod method.

Can you please show me how you have it? i have vines and want to see how you all did yours.

Here's a picture of how I hung the vines.. I'm planning on taking out the old umbrella and plan on putting in a nice hibiscus once my fixture from lightyourreptiles arrives. I tried to get a clear picture of the fishing line but it's very hard to see

Godamn iphones.. hold on i'll fix it...lol
photo (32).jpg

Here's a picture of how I hung the vines.. I'm planning on taking out the old umbrella and plan on putting in a nice hibiscus once my fixture from lightyourreptiles arrives. I tried to get a clear picture of the fishing line but it's very hard to see

Godamn iphones.. hold on i'll fix it...lol
View attachment 82790

lmao lmao its all good! so whats so great about light your reptiles products? they are pricey. lol

A dual fixture is what I should've bought in the first place, I knew I wanted a grow light as well as a UVB but for some reason I bought a single bulb fixture. And as you can see in that picture the umbrella plant is in terrible shape and is not a great plant for a cage. You should get a plant that has a single stem and not something that was just slashed and thrown into a pot to sell.
I guess you can say they're a little pricey but the setup will completely light up the cage and make the cage look much nicer imo. I'll definitely make a thread once I get the hibiscus and the light setup so everyone can see.

A dual fixture is what I should've bought in the first place, I knew I wanted a grow light as well as a UVB but for some reason I bought a single bulb fixture. And as you can see in that picture the umbrella plant is in terrible shape and is not a great plant for a cage. You should get a plant that has a single stem and not something that was just slashed and thrown into a pot to sell.
I guess you can say they're a little pricey but the setup will completely light up the cage and make the cage look much nicer imo. I'll definitely make a thread once I get the hibiscus and the light setup so everyone can see.

Do they have glow lights on the site?

Yes it is true. It is much better light and you only have to replace it once a year instead of twice a year. The fixture is also very nice and reflects all of the light back down to where it needs to be. It is also a more natural light. The T5-HO is also a great bulb to use. To have the 6500 Plant Light in there makes it that much better as well. The live plants love it.

Yes it is true. It is much better light and you only have to replace it once a year instead of twice a year. The fixture is also very nice and reflects all of the light back down to where it needs to be. It is also a more natural light. The T5-HO is also a great bulb to use. To have the 6500 Plant Light in there makes it that much better as well. The live plants love it.
I'M SUCH A NOOB..LOL can you post links to the grow lights and the uvb lights you suggest?

This is the enclosure I have.

http://www.diycages.com/15201/15243.html what would I need for this size?

Yup! Video's pictures are the pictures I was talking about :D his cage looks great!

A 24inch light fixture will fit your cage Brute.

Back
Top Bottom