Another Jack update

Heard from the vet about Jack’s labs. All looks good except for a slightly elevated wbc. Dr B thinks it’s more from inflammation rather than infection and making the husbandry changes he recommended will resolve it. The only change he recommended that I wasn’t going to make was switching uvb to a 12%. I checked his basking spot with the solarmeter last night and it’s a perfect 2.9 - 3.0. But...he almost never is in his basking spot. He hangs out lower most of the time, so using the stronger uvb makes sense. If Jack won’t go to his ‘sun’, the ‘sun’ will have to go to Jack.

Has anyone told you yet today that you are awesome? 🥰
Awwwwwww

Brad Pitt Kiss GIF

Heard from the vet about Jack’s labs. All looks good except for a slightly elevated wbc. Dr B thinks it’s more from inflammation rather than infection and making the husbandry changes he recommended will resolve it. The only change he recommended that I wasn’t going to make was switching uvb to a 12%. I checked his basking spot with the solarmeter last night and it’s a perfect 2.9 - 3.0. But...he almost never is in his basking spot. He hangs out lower most of the time, so using the stronger uvb makes sense. If Jack won’t go to his ‘sun’, the ‘sun’ will have to go to Jack.
I agree with this... If he does not go to his higher branches where the UVI is perfect switch to the other bulb and see what happens... Now if he stays even lower after the switch then he knows what UVI he wants and is purposely choosing to stay lower. If that is the case go back to the lower strength.

@MissSkittles how is Jack doing?
Honestly, I’m not quite sure. I’ve made all of the changes the vet advised, but that right eye is still seeming to bother him as he has it closed quite often. His colors are a faded pastel too. He’s eating better (has started to hang out by and often peek inside his shooting gallery feeder) and has perfect aim, urates are white and he’s pretty active. He’s actually puffed up a couple of times when he objected to me watering his plants, so he’s feistier which I take as a good sign. As I replace my crappy ReptiBreezes, those will be going outside so soon he’ll be able to enjoy some Florida sun. I’m hoping that will help perk him up even more. Thanks for asking. :)

Honestly, I’m not quite sure. I’ve made all of the changes the vet advised, but that right eye is still seeming to bother him as he has it closed quite often. His colors are a faded pastel too. He’s eating better (has started to hang out by and often peek inside his shooting gallery feeder) and has perfect aim, urates are white and he’s pretty active. He’s actually puffed up a couple of times when he objected to me watering his plants, so he’s feistier which I take as a good sign. As I replace my crappy ReptiBreezes, those will be going outside so soon he’ll be able to enjoy some Florida sun. I’m hoping that will help perk him up even more. Thanks for asking. :)
how did he respond to the UVB lighting change?

how did he respond to the UVB lighting change?
He seems to spend a little more time under it than he did before. Doesn’t stay at the lower spot very long anymore and is much more active, using more of his branches. His eating aim has improved considerably as he would every now and then miss...no misses now and is more interested in eating. He has shown noticeable improvements, but his color is still washed out and that eye. I wonder if his LED plant light is affecting him. I‘m thinking of a trial of turning it off and see if that helps any.

He seems to spend a little more time under it than he did before. Doesn’t stay at the lower spot very long anymore and is much more active, using more of his branches. His eating aim has improved considerably as he would every now and then miss...no misses now and is more interested in eating. He has shown noticeable improvements, but his color is still washed out and that eye. I wonder if his LED plant light is affecting him. I‘m thinking of a trial of turning it off and see if that helps any.
That is good. How close is the LED and which one are you using?

I am using the Sansi 70w ‘box’ and it sits on top of the enclosure, next to the other lights. Just took a pic for you. At his current spot, the distance is about 9”.
View attachment 294837
Look at that sexy leg stretch!
You cold try moving the sansi to the back and bring the UVB across corner to corner.
he looks good though. How is his weight for his size?

You cold try moving the sansi to the back and bring the UVB across corner to corner.
he looks good though. How is his weight for his size?
He weighs 118gm. No idea if that’s in a ‘normal’ range or not. I thought he was overweight, but when we went to Dr B I asked and he said no.
I’ll play around a bit with his lights and see if that improves his eye and color intensity.
😊

He weighs 118gm. No idea if that’s in a ‘normal’ range or not. I thought he was overweight, but when we went to Dr B I asked and he said no.
I’ll play around a bit with his lights and see if that improves his eye and color intensity.
😊
Seems like a good weight he looks to be a decent length.

It seems like it’s taken forever, but my sweet Jack is finally getting his color back! He’s also finally learned that his Shooting Gallery feeder is where he can get all his yummy bugs. I’m so very glad with every positive change in him, no matter how small. 😊 Hoping that someday he’ll fire up fully to his beautiful sunset colors.
4A1342B5-C6A5-4C97-AFEF-5A3A6A2A29BB.jpeg
C8756485-98D9-4C8C-B383-372B8339EA05.jpeg

It seems like it’s taken forever, but my sweet Jack is finally getting his color back! He’s also finally learned that his Shooting Gallery feeder is where he can get all his yummy bugs. I’m so very glad with every positive change in him, no matter how small. 😊 Hoping that someday he’ll fire up fully to his beautiful sunset colors. View attachment 301144View attachment 301145
So happy to hear he is doing better and settling in more. He really is a stunning boy!

Back
Top Bottom