Another Jack update

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
My poor sweet Jack. He hasn’t been acting quite right and his bad eye has been bothering him again. Our regular vet was booked until next week so I took him to Dr Bogoslavsky in Orlando. Wish he was closer so I could take all my animals to him.
I knew from when I first saw Jack in person that he had mbd. Our regular vet said it was very mild. Well, it seems to be a bit more. I noticed his spine looked crooked but thought it was just the way he held himself. Nope...it is indeed crooked. Dr B feels that most, if not all of his problems are related to his mbd. Said that if he’s got the will and the fight in him, he’ll do ok. No meds given - waiting for results of blood work. I’m making the husbandry changes he suggested...increasing temps, changing supplement regimen, etc. Will use sterile saline drops to soothe his eye inflammation. Hoping that my precious little man has some fight in him and overcomes the lasting effects of his past.
I was afraid the travel and handling would cause him to be super stressed, but he was his usual passive self during the visit and ok when we got home and even ate just fine.
78F0A919-82D2-45BE-8C8E-C188A820A690.jpeg

Such a sweet guy, glad you were able to find another good vet! Rooting for his recovery!!
Just curious, what supplement regiment did he recommend?
He doesn’t care for the Arcadia regimen and recommended using Zoo Med Repti calcium without D3 every feeding and Repashy Calcium Plus with LoD twice a month.
Praying for Jack. Dr. Bruce is awesome with chameleons. You aren’t that far from Orlando. I use to drive 4.5 hours each way to the vet before we just moved to get closer. My guys have alway enjoyed a ride. They sit up nice and high and look around at everything.
Yes! I’m very impressed with his knowledge and he is absolutely worth the drive. I’ll definitely be taking all of my chameleons to him from now on and probably my other reptiles too.

He has you and you are amazing. I know he will get better!

I really like the repashy supercal NoD supplement over the repti calcium no D. The repashy is much finer and I find it sticks better without turning them into powdered donuts.

He has you and you are amazing. I know he will get better!

I really like the repashy supercal NoD supplement over the repti calcium no D. The repashy is much finer and I find it sticks better without turning them into powdered donuts.
I’ve never cared much for the Repti cal for some unknown reason and thought about the super cal instead. I wondered and then realized it’s probably more about the level of calcium each provides. I think the Repti cal has a bit higher level.

Repashy doesn’t provide much info on calcium level other than a minimum of 30%. Repti cal has a min of 38%. Both are calcium carbonate.
I sent repashy an email. So I thought I would just go ahead and find out what I could. Visually.... From my experience Repti cal is like white and not as fine. Repashy is more beige in color and extremely fine powder.

Back
Top Bottom