Another eye problem...

A little update...

It's been almost a week since I detected her problem and today finally some good news...

She has been technically "blind" since monday, always in a shade of very pale green, eyes closed and very lethargic... yesterday she moved around a little more than usual and my girlfriend said she was moving her eyes a little... and today, when I woke up she was moving her eyes almost normally, at least she seems to see things (crics moving, me...) and her colors also had returned to normal (brownish pattern) and she was moving a little by the enclosure and TRYING TO HUNT!
I put her near the crics and a few minutes later she tried to snag one but missed, in fact she did hit him but the tongue didn't "stick". I think that maybe she still can't focus correctly or she's too weak... I've keeping her hydrated, specially in the eyes in this last days.

Well, I left her now in the enclosure and I'm hoping for the best, but one thing is true, no matter how this turns out, I can't believe how resistant this creature has been!! We're talking about a 5 cm chameleon that hasn't been eating (at least) since monday (can't believe she could've eaten with her eyes like that!) and is still alive!! I wasn't expecting such resistance and was preparing myself for the worst since wednesday but here we are, saturday and she's still kicking.
Just hope she doesn't "quit" now... I'm still prepared for the worst, but now I have a little more hope.

Incredible enough, she's still alive and the eyes look a little better! :)Saw her eat a cric last week, but I believe she eats more while I'm out...
She's a fighter!!
On top of that, she's shedding! Should I take any special care??

Thanks!

I didn't! I didn't! :) Another forum member told me not to and I didn't... I used terricil or something, but only for a few days, then I stopped because I wasn't sure it was helping much and kept humidity and some mist in the eyes do the job... I think she's not 100% yet, but still alive and moving the eyes!

Back
Top Bottom