Another cage update.

20190205_210714.jpg
20190205_210653.jpg
20190205_210753.jpg

I added my spider plant babies today, two of them!
I also added a clear plastic to the back and left side of my enclosure ( in Hope's of bettering my humidity). Still so eager to have my plants grow! I even have a hibiscus bloom that's almost ready!
20190205_211348.jpg

Any suggestions on keeping humidity in? I'll be covering the third side soon. I completely regret not spending the extra bucks for the dragonstrand clear side enclosure... I'm basically trying to replicate what I should have started with.

Any suggestions on keeping humidity in? I'll be covering the third side soon. I completely regret not spending the extra bucks for the dragonstrand clear side enclosure... I'm basically trying to replicate what I should have started with.
Yeah I know. Just do the third side and that will help then you will have better humidity with good airflow. Your plants will help as well.

Yeah I know. Just do the third side and that will help then you will have better humidity with good airflow. Your plants will help as well.
I used velcro to secure it directly to the cage, closest way I thought to get it, drains directly into the bin too. Plants growing in time will be a big boost to the humidity I hope. Fingers crossed... damn colorado weather so dry!!

It's looking great lots of highways and avenues. have your temps gone up at all with the addition of the side wall? I may copy you on the walls

It's looking great lots of highways and avenues. have your temps gone up at all with the addition of the side wall? I may copy you on the walls
The ambient at the bottom left corner is staying around 50% and I havent misted in hours. Its gone up compared to what it was with just the reed fence.. I do have a vent near the cage blowing towards it, that might be a large humidity issue, but with hope the third wall will help against that.

I used velcro to secure it directly to the cage, closest way I thought to get it, drains directly into the bin too. Plants growing in time will be a big boost to the humidity I hope. Fingers crossed... damn colorado weather so dry!!
LOL well once you get the 3rd wall up double check your temps on top as well. They may jump a bit since your airflow is decreased. But the plants will grow much quicker under the lights which will aid in the look and the humidity. :)

LOL well once you get the 3rd wall up double check your temps on top as well. They may jump a bit since your airflow is decreased. But the plants will grow much quicker under the lights which will aid in the look and the humidity. :)
I also got some dome light dimmers coming in. Hopefully That'll help dial in the basking temp.. I've seen some high numbers with both lamps on.

Lol it was a struggling plant my mom had in the house. It's doing well now I believe. Cant wait to see it covered in buds! I'll post lots of pics
Lucky! I bought one and realized after that is was not the type specific to being "safe" and since Beman eats freaking everything I am not going to risk putting it in. But at least it will bloom outside on my deck. I found a beautiful Dracaena today and got two baby Njoy Pothos to add in.

Back
Top Bottom