another bash towards petco

New VC owner

Well, I bought my first-ever veiled cham at Petco today. I didn't read this until after I got home. I'm researching, and realizing that almost everything they told us was wrong. I'll say though that my cham looks pretty healthy. I think she was the only one in the enclosure, probably because she was the only one in the store. She was HUNGRY!!!

i bought mine at petsmart and well he is doing great i bought charlie at under 2 months and he has grown and thrived.. i think i saved him because i saw a veiled in an 18x 6 cage with no climbing limbs and he was a foot long!

i love how we have all this outrage surrounding one particular pet store, when basicaly ALL pet stores do this exact same thing. not just with chams but with most the animals in general.

even my local ***HERP SPECIFIC*** pet shops (both here and back on the east coast) do not know shit about shit when it comes to husbandry. the cham enclosures there were every bit as bad as the conditions in the major pet stores, thier iguanas no different either. if i knew anything at all about beardies, snakes, or turtles i have no doubts that i would have found some other faults with thier whole setup there as well.

all i am sayin is that this is not a problem with PetCo so much as it is a problem with the entire pet trade. you shouldn't single out petco for something that EVERY pet store that i have ever seen in my entire life - even the HERP stores - are ALL clearly guilty of. convincing people to get thier pets from private breeders instead is really the best option but good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom