Annie, mother of all my babies is gone.

laurie

Retired Moderator
Annie and Lenny gave me some wonderful babies to carry on for them.
Lenny passed before any of the babies hatched.

Annie died today. She just never really came back after reabsorbing the eggs from clutch 4. I drove hours to get to the only qualified reptile vet in Montana, but she was unable to offer any answers. The x rays showed nothing wrong. She just slowly ate less and less. She lost very little weight, so I guess I had hope. All the hope is gone and so is my lovely Annie. RIP Annie, you were loved lots, and will leave me by taking a piece of my heart with you.

This is a old post with pictures of Annie. The last 2 pictures are my sweet girl.

Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your girl today. Losing a pet is such an awful experience, and regardless of species, its never easy! My thoughts are with you during this difficult time...:(

OH NO!!!!! I'm so sorry Laurie! I know how you love your chameleons! Know you did everything in your power to make her comfortable and happy!

So sorry for you loss Laurie. I know how much you love your chameleons. Atleast you have some babies to carry on their legacy. RIP Annie.

:( oh Laurie , I am so sorry - I know when I talked to you in the morning, you did not have a good feeling about things - I am so sorry she did not make it - and I know how far you took her to see the vet, I am just so sad :( RIP Annie

Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about Annie. You are right - a piece of your heart is taken with every loss. RIP Annie.

Deb

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so obvious from how you write about your chameleons that you love them very much. Poor little Annie.

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry for you. I know she had a special place in your heart. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call.

Thank you everyone. I will admit I have tried to learn that this is the cycle of life. That doesn't help much when you hold the dead body of a cham you love. I currently only have one of Annie's kids here. Kevin will have a brother and sister shipped back to live with me very soon. I can't risk not having a part of Annie and Lenny here with me.

Sorry for your loss Laurie. Smile with the thought that her progeny is available for you to remember her.

Carl

So sorry hat you lost Annie Laurie. It never gets any easier even after many years of keeping them to lose one. Just keep her in your heart. Hugs, Lynda

Laurie you have my sincere sympathy. I know how awful it feels to loose one of these wonderful creatures when you are as close to them as we are. Even though you kinda get used to it and you know it eventually has to happen, it still doesn't really get easier; it's just as awful the 10th time as the first. Hang in there. Keep loving the ones you've got.

I am so sorry for your loss Laurie, I know how much you loved her. Happy you have her offspring to help fill the hole that she has left in your heart.

So very sorry. I know Annie was a special lil girl. She left you some super cute lil babies and live a life of luxury with you.
It's never easy.
R.I.P Annie.
Big hugs Laurie

Back
Top Bottom