Ankaramy Hatchling :)

PardalisGirl

Avid Member
I just checked my eggs in the incubator. And there was a little Ankaramy hatchling that had just slit the egg and poked it's head out! My first Ankaramy hatchling. The clutch was laid 04/18/2007. There are 19 good eggs in this clutch. The egg that is hatching was one that progressed much faster than the others in the clutch. The others look like they are about a month or so away from hatching. This one egg grew faster and got dark in coloration (from the embryo and blood vessels) much faster. I've been wondering what was going to happen with it. Here is the little angel:

Ankaramy Baby.jpg

Now I have to hope it makes it. Other breeders have told me that Ankaramy panthers are smaller than hatchlings from other locales. This little one does look tiny. I've been told they are also not as easy to raise since they are so small. This one is a little thing. Thank goodness I have fruit flies and just set up two more cultures the other day. I am going to be heartbroken if this one does not make it. Please keep your fingers crossed or say a little prayer for this little babe :)

Congratulations Catherine! That's outstanding! He looks like a babe in swaddling clothes. I'll tell Elliot and we'll be sure to say a prayer for your little guy/gal. At just about 8 months, too. What were your incubation temps if I may ask? Keep us posted on the rest of em.

Oh wow, congrats! Always so exciting when the first one in the clutch starts pipping. Can't wait to see update pics of the little one!

Congrats...that's very exciting! I'm sure you'll do wonderful with him! The first I'm sure is the most exciting!

Thats awesome Catherine!!! They are so very kewl, I am jealous.... good luck with them they are in great hands....

Very nice catch with the photo Catherine :). I'll keep my fingers crossed for your little babe and I'm thrilled we both have them hatching at the same time. Woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom