Ankaramy female and Sambava Male

rsepiphyte

Established Member
Today must have just been the day! Warm, breezy with a major cold front headed our way. Since i have not been able to find an Ankaramy male i paired my WC Sambava with my WC Ankaramy female and now we wait on see what happens. I have another female Ankaramy female that is also WC but came in gravid. Waiting on her to produce eggs.

Attachments

• sambavaankaramy2012.jpg
    sambavaankaramy2012.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 291
  • sambavamale.jpg
    sambavamale.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 320
They are both Wild Caught so i have no idea of the age. As far as size they are average for Panther Chameleons. LOL, they actually look tiny compared to my Melleri. Ruth

After exactly 8 1/2 months of waiting the babies are starting to hatch! I will post pictures in a day or so once everyone is "out" and "about". Slainte' Ruth

Some of these babies will be pure Anakarmy as i had another WC female come in gravid and clutch at the same time. I just put all the eggs together not really expecting them to hatch. They have been sitting in my "bird room" all of this time and i check on them once a month. Funny how things work out. I have since sold out my entire collection and plan to sell all of these as well as i really do not want to work with Pardalis any longer. Will be interesting to see how they turn out. Slainte' Ruth

www.largepaws.com
The place where Big Dogs and Small Dogs rule!

So since the eggs are all mixed together and you are planning on selling them, how will you know which are the crosses and which are the pure Ankaramy once they hatch?

Today must have just been the day! Warm, breezy with a major cold front headed our way. Since i have not been able to find an Ankaramy male i paired my WC Sambava with my WC Ankaramy female and now we wait on see what happens. I have another female Ankaramy female that is also WC but came in gravid. Waiting on her to produce eggs.

Hi,

Would love to get a 1.1 Ankaramy from you after the WC females clutch is ready down the road. :D

So since the eggs are all mixed together and you are planning on selling them, how will you know which are the crosses and which are the pure Ankaramy once they hatch?

Aww should have read further, I was excited and jumped the gun. Now it's impossible to get a female without knowing if it was a cross or not. Bummer but good luck with the babies.

I have no idea as i mentioned earlier this came as a surprise. I never expected the eggs to hatch . Just have to see how they develop. Ruth

Here are a few pictures of the babies at 3 days of age. Enjoy! Ruth

Attachments

• panther3day.jpg
    panther3day.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 129
  • panther3dY.jpg
    panther3dY.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 160
  • panther3dyb.jpg
    panther3dyb.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 113
  • panther3dyc.jpg
    panther3dyc.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 121
  • panther3dyd.jpg
    panther3dyd.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 121
I have had quite a few people asking about purchasing these babies. Honestly I haven't really given it much thought. I have a WC Sambava male that bred to a WC Anakarmy female (who may have been carrying sperm from a previous encounter?) and i also have eggs from another Anakarmy female that laid eggs without being bred that are also hatching. My problem is i do not know which is which. Real Bummer! So i will be asking $250.00 for the males and $175.00 for the females and listing them as "surprise" you will either get pure Anakarmy or Anakarmy x Sambava. Thanks for asking though. Slainte' Ruth

p.s. yes i ship via Express Mail for $55.00

Haven't posted much about the "wee ones" in awhile. They are growing like weeds and are 5 weeks old in these pictures. I am really enjoying watching them grow. Very active and now eating 1/4 inch crickets, small dubia nymphs and of course the ever popular fruit flies! Is there anyone out there that would like to trade some blue ambanja babies for some of these guys? Slainte' Ruth

Attachments

• babycham.jpg
    babycham.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 141
  • babychama.jpg
    babychama.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 145
  • babychamb.jpg
    babychamb.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 148
Sambava x Anakarmy babies at around 6 1/2 weeks of age! These little ones are big, chunky and just lots of fun to watch. They are now starting to "color up" and i am getting ready to separate some of the "boys" as they are getting attitudes towards one another. Odd ratio of males to females though. I have plenty of boys but not so many girls. Enjoy and if anyone is interested in one or more let me know. Boys will be $150.00 and girls $100.00. I do ship for $45.00. I plan to let these guys go around 10 weeks or so. They are eating houseflies, FF, crickets ect.... I think they are going to be really spectacular!

Attachments

• chama.jpg
    chama.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 107
  • chamc.jpg
    chamc.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 120
  • chamd.jpg
    chamd.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 107
  • chamb.jpg
    chamb.jpg